Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:29 pm   Post subject: Quizmaker and custom shows

For some reason when I have a quiz on the last slide of a custom show, I don't get the "Continue" button in the bottom right hand corner of the quiz like I do if the quiz isn't the last slide of a custom show (or is completely outside of a custom show). The custom show is set to "show and return" in powerpoint.

I know I can work around this by always having another slide after the quiz. But it seems like I should n't have to do it that way.

James

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:38 am   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker and custom shows

Dear James,
Thank you for the message.
If you would like to create branching form the Results slide of the quiz to the first slide of the presentation, please follow the steps below:
1. Open Presentation Explorer-->Select the slide with the quiz
2. Choose branching from the drop-down menu for the Quiz
3. Select branching to some particular slide of the quiz.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp03h38xo2dyh ... g.png?dl=0

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker and custom shows

Thanks for the reply, but I'm referring to what happens at the end of the quiz, not branching in the middle of it.

At the end of the quiz there is no way to move on to the next slide if the quiz is the last slide of a custom show. Imagine I have a slide #3 that has hyperlinks, and one of those hyperlinks takes you to a custom show that consists of 4 slides (say slides 10-13). I've checked the the option to "show and return". If slide #13 contains a quiz, there is no "continue" button and no "next" control to allow me to finish up the custom show and go back to slide #3. If the quiz is on slide #12 then when I finish the quiz there is a "continue" button that takes me to the next slide.

I can send you an example presentation if that would help explain it better.

James

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker and custom shows

Thank you for the post!
Actually the scenario described above works not within the Quiz but after the quiz is finished.
As soon as you apply this branching from the quiz to the slide where the Custom Show starts, you'll get the Continue button at the end of the Quiz that will open the necessary slide.
Please let me know if you need any other details.

Profile profile test