Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:47 am   Post subject: Audio automatically play in a HTML5 // iOS

I guess you've got many questions about this and I understand the circumstances behind. But is there any work arounds available to achieve this feature otherwise: starting a sound file on the first slide loaded without an initial click?

https://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/faq ... -ipad.html

In case where you place a presentation as sections in several folders to avoid one single big one with stiff loading times it would be helpful not to be forced to click everytime a new sections is loaded.

Any comments will be thankfully appreciated.

Kind regards,
Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:08 am   Post subject: Re: Audio automatically play in a HTML5 // iOS

Thank you for posting here!

I regret to say that this peculiarity of iOS and Android devices can not be avoided yet.
However, I would suggest you to divide the huge presentation to chapters and represent them from the first-range/catalog presentation.

To do this:
1) Publish the chapters separately and upload them to your server;
2.1) Create the catalog-presentation and put each chapter on slide as Web-object (launching each chapter in a new browser window). With this option you can put a brief explanation of the chapter on slide.
2.2) Instead of Web-object you can simply put a link to the chapter on slide with its explanation and and run it in a new browser window.
2.3) You can also put the links to the chapters using the Resources option and have them as a drop-down list on the top-bar.

If some of this scenario will work for you and you need more assistance, please contact me via email (support@ispringsolutions.com), so I will be able to provide you with more info and screenshots/samples.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:16 am   Post subject: Re: Audio automatically play in a HTML5 // iOS

Very nice, thank you Vladimir.

I'll review your suggestion closer. Do you know of any examples (urls) where the 2.1 og 2.2 (or alike) has been executed? If so I would be glad to watch if available.

Kind regards,
Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 am   Post subject: Re: Audio automatically play in a HTML5 // iOS

Hee is the sample:
https://googledrive.com/host/0BxKrmx_Yx ... TdEek5TS00

Please note, all presentation are represented as Web-object to appear in a new browser window and are uploaded to Google Drive.
Since Google Drive is used as a test-hosting your version can work slower/faster on your server.

Hope this was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:38 am   Post subject: Re: Audio automatically play in a HTML5 // iOS

Kind regards,
Mikael

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:54 am   Post subject: Re: Audio automatically play in a HTML5 // iOS

Here is the sample with the list on Top-bar (2.3):
https://googledrive.com/host/0BxKrmx_Yx ... 254YWRrY3M

You can see the Resources button on the right top corner of the presentation, click the button to have the menu.
Once you click on the Chapter title, it will be launched in a new tab.

Profile profile test