Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:44 am   Post subject: Post To Server from Mobile App

I know the mobile apps can re-sync Tin Can data when they are back online, so you can download the course to your "library" on the app, take the course offline and tracking data will re-sync when you next connect to the internet.

What I would like to know is whether that is or can be made possible for "post to server":

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/article ... erver.html

so that if a course is set to post to server and is taken offline it would attempt to make that post when it was next connected.

I guess the same would apply to "email result" too.

Can anyone clarify that?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Post To Server from Mobile App

Dear Jeremy,
Thank you for the post!
Actually if you launch the quiz off-line using iSpring Mobile application the results to email or server won't be sent when the Internet connection is restored as this method works only with TinCan technology.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Post To Server from Mobile App

Thanks Julia,

I thought that was the case, so my next question is could this funtionality be added to your apps also? It would be possible and very useful if you could?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Post To Server from Mobile App

Dear Jeremy,
I forwarded you request to our engineers for future consideration.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:05 am   Post subject: Re: Post To Server from Mobile App

Julia wrote:
Dear Jeremy,
Thank you for the post!
Actually if you launch the quiz off-line using iSpring Mobile application the results to email or server won't be sent when the Internet connection is restored as this method works only with TinCan technology.

Dear Ms Julia
So we tried to Publish Ispring Suite7 quiz using the LMS tab, chose "TinCan", subscribed to cloud.scorm.com, linked our account to the Quiz.

We then packaged the iSpring Publish files (index.html, data directory) into an iOS iPad app (copy files to www folder of Cardova Phonegap and Apple Xcode). Installed app works OK when the iPad is online, and the quiz's Tin Can statements are all transmitted to the LRS at cloud.scorm.com

QUESTION: We took the iPAD offline (airplane mode), complete the quiz, come back online BUT the Tin Can statements did not seem to have been stored for delayed synching to the LRS.

Please give some advice/pointers how to achieve this (you can go technical on your answer). Thank you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Post To Server from Mobile App

Am I correct to say that you're using a third-party mobile app to view the TinCan courses created with iSpring?
Did you try to launch the same course in iSpring Viewer?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:24 am   Post subject: Re: Post To Server from Mobile App

Yes. We are developing the "third party" app using Apple Xcode and Phonegap Cardova (copied iSpring LMS Tin Can published files - index.html and [data] folder. Bundled into a .ipa file for iPad install as an app.

Not using iSprng Viewer as we need it custom branded. Is there a 'white-label' version for iSring Viewer?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Post To Server from Mobile App

Thank you for the post!
If the results are sent to the system when the Internet connection is on, the problem might be connected with the fact that the application can not store or re-send the results when the access to the Internet is restored.
If you would like to have a mobile application with your logo, we can develop it for you. But this service won't be free of charge.
For more information, please contact our Technical support.

Profile profile test