Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:47 pm   Post subject: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

So I'm trying to set up my course where the user has to read and understand everything on the slide. Therefore, is there a way to configure iSpring Suite 7 to only have the "Next" button popup after the timer runs out?

So technically the slide would be set up to advance with the "On-Click" setting. But the user could only advance once a certain amount of time runs.

Also I have the "Outline" enabled in the Layout (because it's a great feature), and the currently the user could click on the next slide over there to continue and that's NOT ideal as well.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

Thank you for posting here!
You can set some navigation limitations. Set Slide duration (e.g. 1 min) in the Presentation Explorer editor and allow to advance on click.
Then in the publishing window go to Playback and Navigation tab and set Navigation type as Limited.
After that if user tries to go to the next slide he will get a notification that he has to view the whole slide to advance.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

That worked great! Exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

Great to hear that my reply was helpful!
Of course, if you have any questions, please let me know!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

In that case, Is there a way that we can also apply a prerequisite of advancing to the next slide of clicking on a hyperlink, within the slide?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

I would suggest to make the link appearing in the very end of the slide, so user will not be able to use it before the time runs out.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

I want to make the hyperlink mandatory for the user to click before they can advance to the next slide. Is that possible?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

Hi, I'm using iSpring Suite 8 with PPoint 2007. I have the same need (the user could only advance once a certain amount of time runs). Using the suggestion I have obtained the enabling of the "next" button at the end of the slide time, but user can move the time cursor at the end and later click on the "next" button. Is it exist a way to disable the possibility to move the cursor forward in the slide timeline?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

Thank you for posting here!
Yes, you can disable the possibility to move cursor forward in the slide timeline.
This can be done by following the steps below: Publish--> Player--> Universal--> Customize--> Bottom bar--> disable the option "Allow to seek using seekbar".
You can learn more about the customization of the player here:http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/display/isuite/configuring+the+universal+player

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

It works!!
Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Advance Slide until timer runs out

Glad I could be of help!

Profile profile test