Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:20 pm   Post subject: flash-required.html File in DATA Folder

Hello,

I am new to iSpring and am using the Quiz Maker.

After I published my Quiz, and opened the DATA folder, I saw a file titled: flash-required.html (type: Firefox HTML Document). Why did iSpring create a file like that. What does iSpring has to do with Firefox? Yes, I am using Firefox as my default browser, but why would it interfere with iSpring?

When I uploaded my .swf file into my website, the warning "Adobe Flash Player required.....etc" appeared on top of my web page. I think the html file is the one causing the problem.

So my question is how can I remove that Adobe Flash warning from my web page? It's very annoying as almost most users have Adobe Flash installed anyway (yes, I do have the updated Flash Player in my laptop).

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 pm   Post subject: Re: flash-required.html File in DATA Folder

Hello, Benson925!

Thank you for posting here. The flash-required.html file is created automatically during conversion along with other system files (like player.js). If you use Firefox as a default browser, the type for thsi document will show as Firefox. However, if you change default browser, the type will change as well.

Did you upload all the files to your server after publishing, the index.html and the data folder as well, or just the .swf file? Do you have a FTP account to upload files to your server or how do you usually upload content to your website?
Please feel free to share the link to the quiz with us to check if the message appears on our end as well.

You can also send a message to support@ispringsolutions.com in order to look into the issue in more detail.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:17 am   Post subject: Re: flash-required.html File in DATA Folder

Hello Olga,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I uploaded only the .swf file to my server. I am using Network Solutions as my hosting site and I have uploaded many .swf files into my website using Network Solutions in the past and the 'Adobe Flash Player Required" warning has never shown up, until now, when I created the quiz using iSpring.

Would it make any difference if I upload the .swf file using the FTP? If so, I can ask Network Solutions for their FTP info.

Thank you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:13 pm   Post subject: Re: flash-required.html File in DATA Folder

Here's my update. There is a Page Editor in Network Solutions Website Builder Tool and I was able to go there and delete those words from the page.

So everything is fine now. But still don't know why the warning is there to begin with.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:21 am   Post subject: Re: flash-required.html File in DATA Folder

Dear Benson,

Thank you for your update. Redirect to the flash-required.html from index.html may happen if Flash plugin is absent or turned off in your browser. However, you stated that you have up to date Flash installed. Since we are not familiar with settings of your FTP, we cannot tell you for sure what went wrong and caused appearance of these words on the web page.

As a wok around, since you know for sure that all your users have Flash player installed, you an simply delete the flash-required.html from the data folder before uploading the .swf to your server.

We are happy to hear that the issue is resolved. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance needed.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:17 pm   Post subject: Re: flash-required.html File in DATA Folder

Hello Olga,

Delete the file from the Data file won't work. I tried that already and the warning remained. I think that has something to do with Network Solutions Website Builder Tool than iSprings.

Thank you.

Profile profile test