Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:22 pm   Post subject: Pre-assessment Quiz?

Ok, I'm new here but I have an interesting problem.

I am creating SCORM learning courses for use in an LMS....I've got most everything figured out except I want to give the users the opportunity to be able to take a pre-assessment at the beginning of the course. With branching I can send the user to the course content slides upon earning a failing score, which works fine. The same quiz is offered at the end of the content slides.

The issue is scoring the quiz. I want to use the pre-assessment score as the % for the entire course IF they pass. If they fail, I want to ignore the pre-assessment score completely and use the score from the final quiz to determine pass/fail.

As far as I can tell, I can tell iSpring to either ignore a quiz, or give it a different weight...but NOT choose one or the other as the course final score.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Pre-assessment Quiz?

I would also like an answer to this question. How would one go about creating a "test out of the content" option that only allows 1 single attempt but have a post-test at the end that allowed an unlimited number of attempts.

If the student passes the first test they should be marked complete and allow the course to close.

If the student doesnt pass then they should have to review the slides and then take a post-test to get marked complete.

The tests are the same questions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Pre-assessment Quiz?

@noldaker

Thank you for the question!

You can do this with Branching option in Presentation Explorer (http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/display/isuite/presentation+explorer):

1) Create a presentation with a quiz at the end
2) Give a user 2 attempts to take the quiz
3) Go to the Presentation Explorer and set Quiz Branching:

After failing the quiz the user will be able to click Continue and go back to the information on slides:

Hope this can be on use!

Profile profile test