Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:04 am   Post subject: "Rate Quizzes" Feature and Blackboard

I am really confused about getting results inside Blackboard for a presentation that includes multiple quizzes. Here's what I want: I have three quizzes placed in one presentation; slide 2 includes one quiz with one question, slide 5 includes one quiz with two questions, and slide 6 includes one quiz with three questions. The questions are all multiple choice or true/false. I want each question to be worth 10 points, and I want my Blackboard Grade Center to include one column that shows the total number of points (between 0 and 60) that the student scored. Thus, I want every quiz question to be weighted the same throughout the presentation.

How do I make this happen? If I "rate quizzes," what values do I use in the "Weight" column? I don't get the right results using "1" in each of my three quiz rows, and I don't get the right results using "1," "2," and "3," respectively. (I come close to the correct results, but it's off by 0.01 for some reason.)

Can you help? Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:43 pm   Post subject: Re: "Rate Quizzes" Feature and Blackboard

Thank you for posting here!

Regret to say that but due to SCORM standard peculiarities, the score will be normlized to 100% (cmi.score_raw:) and will be displayed in percents, not in points.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:36 pm   Post subject: Re: "Rate Quizzes" Feature and Blackboard

ImageThe scores reported in Blackboard seem to be point based, not percentage. (See the attached image.) For instance, in the final entry in the image, I got 4 out of 6 quiz questions correct, and I see "39.99," not "66.67," which is what I'd expect if I were getting a percentage reported. I don't understand why I wouldn't see either a "4" or a "66.67," since "39.99" is certainly not the percentage of 100% I got.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 am   Post subject: Re: "Rate Quizzes" Feature and Blackboard

Thank you for your reply!

I have just got your email. It seems that Blackboard LMS allows you track points graded in quizzes.
However, I have found this option in the LMS settings (and I think it can be set in the LMS). Give me some time to prepare an answer and investigate this opportunity!

I will get back to you vie email.

Profile profile test