Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:37 pm   Post subject: Edit Essay Questions after pressing Submit

Is there a way for users/students to edit their essay questions after pressing submit? If I wanted to create a lesson like that where the survey questions could be skipped but then returned to and answered, or answered and retuned to later and edited. Is that possible? What option would I choose prior to publishing it?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Edit Essay Questions after pressing Submit

Thank you for your message!

Regret to say that there is no way to edit the answers if a quiz was submitted.

However, you can allow the users to finish a survey without answering all the questions and take it more than "just once" (quiz Properties, Main and Navigation settings).
Thus, your users will be able to return to the quiz and answer the questions which were skipped.
Please note that users should be recognized in the system (e.g. LMS) and the quiz/survey should not be submitted (or users will start it from the very beginning).

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Edit Essay Questions after pressing Submit

Thank you! One more thing, is there a way for them to keep a copy of their answers or print them? If I put the lesson on CD and gave it to them, once they take it can the take it again and still be able to retrieve both sets of answers for their personal review? Or print their answers before retaking the entire lesson?

I tried and if I do the whole thing and resume when reopening the file I can see the answers, but if I start over, everything is erased. I would like them to be able to have a running record, or at least more than one, record of their essay responses.

Or can it be created where the answers are emailed to the teacher and the student if they give their email address in the student information section prior to beginning?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Edit Essay Questions after pressing Submit

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, users can print out their results. This option can be enabled in the result slide settings:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/di ... sult+slide
So users will see "Print result" at top right corner of the player on the result slide.

You can also ask quiz taker name and email and use them while sending quiz results to email:
1) ask: go to quiz Properties -> Main -> Ask for quiz taker information:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/di ... getreemode
2) use: go to quiz Properties -> Result -> Send detailed results -> Customize:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/di ... tomization

However, the quiz will start from the very beginning since users will not be authorised/recognized.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Edit Essay Questions after pressing Submit

Is there a way for users/students to edit their essay questions after pressing submit? I'm afraid they don't have such opportunity. The only way is to write their essay as good as possible. And if they need college essay help nyc times they can always find it. So I don't think is a problem.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Edit Essay Questions after pressing Submit

Hello Rosenber!
You're right. The users can't edit the essay once the results are submitted and sent to email or server.
However, they can take the quiz one more time and write a different essay.

Profile profile test