Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:10 am   Post subject: New "Integrate AS3 Connector" Option?

Hi, we're using iSpring Presenter 4.1 to export PPT presentations for use in our Flash AS3 application. We've employed your AS3 Bridge examples to load and control the converted slides, but we've recently run into a couple of issue that stopped development in its tracks:

1. When trying to load a different presentation when one is already loaded, the iSpring preloader animation appears but the slides never load. I realize there's a few other threads in the forum about that same topic, but it doesn't seem to help us as it seems as if the AS3Bridge and all the samples have been updated since the time of those posts!

After the preloader shows up nothing seems to happen. From our traces, it appears the Bridge is being initialized, but then it never starts loading the slides (we found this out using a net traffic monitor). So, I'm scrambling to find any alternatives to loading and controlling the slides.

Specifically, I was curious about the new "Integrate Actionscript3 Connector" option in 4.1:
    How does that work and how does it affect the samples? How does one load and control this presentation if the AS3 connector is already integrated (isn't that the as3 bridge?). It's a little confusing since there doesn't seem to be any documentation on that feature besides "Tick this option in case you use Flash files written in ActionScript 3 to control presentation playback. ActionScript 3 Connector module will be integrated into output Flash presentation."

2. Is there any way to monitor the progress of the slides loading? We need to use a custom preloader if possible for the slides.

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

-Nick

Profile profile test