Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:20 pm   Post subject: Problems Loading Multiple iSpring SWFs into Menu Shell

I'm trying to create a Flash menu shell that loads different iSpring conversions (3.5 Pro) and tracks slides viewed and presentations completed. I can load and view the presentations fine, and track the slide index number, or if the presentation's completed, for the first presentation viewed. After returning to the menu frame, slide information in subsequent presentations loaded is not being listened to (I'm tracing that the functions are being called).

The scripting I'm using is based on the event handling example FLA, and I've happily used iSpring in several projects, so I have some experience with it. I'm assuming it's an issue with initializing the new presentations, and I've tried every trick I can think of -- loading into a movie clip, creating a new movie clip, moving script around. Any suggestions, or something I'm not understanding on how to access iSpring information via the listener functions?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 pm   Post subject: Solution to My Own Problem

As usual, once I post a question, I figure out the answer...

I created a "loader" swf for each of my iSpring SWF files - essentially the event handler sample FLA. I use "loadMovie" to load my "loader" file, which in turn loads the iSpring SWF. I modified the slide change function and added an "on complete" function, and directed the result to the _parent file. The bottom line is that each iSpring SWF needs to be loaded from its own file in order for the listener to work -- loading successive SWF files results in only the first one passing on its information.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Problems Loading Multiple iSpring SWFs into Menu Shell

See reference to CPresentationLoader Class (iSpring Presenter)...

Profile profile test