Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm   Post subject: Hide slide titles (NOT slides)

I have PPT presentations where the same topic is covered on several slides, eg:
Student Requirements
Student Requirements cont.
Student Requirements cont.

I don't see a way to hide "Student Requirements cont." in the Table of Contents. It's annoying to see this when it's on the slide in any case. I previously used Lectora Snap! and there was a checkbox to hide the slide title.

Again I don't want to hide the slide, just the slide title. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Hide slide titles (NOT slides)

Thank you for your post!

The Universal player allows you to configure the Outline according to your needs:

Note that titles which are set in the Presentation explorer manager will not be hidden, but can be removed in the Presentation explorer menu:

Hope this helps!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:17 am   Post subject: Re: Hide slide titles (NOT slides)

I achieve this by hiding the slide and then manually setting the branching to the next slide. So the only thing hidden is the slide title in the outline. On a big presentation, this takes some time, so I'm pleased to see this!

If you're struggling to find where to customise the player- you actually have to go to 'publish' first. Just took me ten minutes to find it :)

Tina

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:11 am   Post subject: Re: Hide slide titles (NOT slides)

@Tina Dean
Thank you for your attention to this topic!
This is completely correct. In order to change the Player settings, you need to do the following:
1) click on Publish
2) go to Player field and select Universal
3) click on Customize.

You can Promote and Demote slides in Presentation Explorer to create a multilevel course structure:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/display/isuite/organizing+your+presentation+into+a+hierarchy

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Hide slide titles (NOT slides)

But, I don't want some slides to appear full-screen and others with the Table of contents. This makes the presentation very "jumpy." My goal is to have a single title appear in the Table of Contents whether it covers one slide or multiple slides. If a simple program like Snap can do this, why can't you?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Hide slide titles (NOT slides)

@sharonktp
Not sure what exactly you are trying to do. Could you please show on a screenshot what should the table of contents look like?

With iSpring Suite you can hide some slides using the Presentation Explorer:

Here is an example of a published presentation with 4 slides.
http://ispri.ng/mWXW

You can also create a multilevel outline with chapters:

This is what it looks like after you publish it with iSpring:
http://ispri.ng/xWJz

If you need any assistance with your creative process, please do not hesitate to send us a message to support@ispringsolutions.com.
We are always glad to help!

Profile profile test