Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:04 pm
Post subject: Re: quiz maker. Question Identifier
Our developers provided me with a detailed information about how question IDs are generated.
Quiz question IDs are generated with a special operation that can guarantee that IDs are unique within one quiz.
Question IDs in the quiz are generated when you create this question inside the quiz:
• User created a new question
• User duplicated an existing question
• User inserted a question from buffer
• User imported a question from another quiz
All questions will have unique IDs within one quiz, even if several questions have exactly same text and answer choices.
IDs are stored inside a quiz file. After you open the quiz, ID’s will be the same as when you created it.
When quiz questions can have same IDs?
If you copy a quiz and save it with another name, both copies of the quiz will have questions with same IDs. However, if you copy a question from original quiz to another one, the ID of a question that you insert will be different. As mentioned before, all IDs within one quiz are unique.
When you publish the quiz, it works with same question IDs as in the original document. That is why we can conclude that:
• In HTML5 and Flash versions IDs of the same question will be identical.
• Each time when you publish the quiz, IDs for questions will be the same.
Finally, we can make a conclusion:
• Question IDs can be the same in different quiz files created by copying one original quiz. That is why you can differ questions by their GUID only within one quiz.
• If your presentation contains several quizzes created from one copy and using same questions, then this presentation contains some identical question IDs.
Hope that this information is not confusing!