Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:37 am   Post subject: How to access to ActionScript API through javascript calls

Hello,

I develop a J2EE application displaying standalone flash slide in the client browser.
I need to control the navigation of the standalone flash slide from the client side through javascript calls.

Reading your ActionScript API documentation it looks like there is the ‘ISlideController’ interface permitting to control a standalone flash slide.

How can I access to this controller using javascript (the only provided samples are calls from another flash document).

More precisely my needs would be to access to the API navigation methods provided such as:
- getStepsCount()
- gotoNextStep()
- gotoPreviousStep()
- getCurrentStepIndex()

Could you give advices on the subject ?

Thanks in advance

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm   Post subject: Re: How to access to ActionScript API through javascript calls

Hello,

I see that nearly two years ago someone had the same question that I have. How do I, using the standalone option, control the actions within a slide?

I have tried to use the javascript included in the example (fsplayer.js) but that does not work. I have cracked open the SWF files and tried to find the external interface callbacks, but there are none.

So, since the business requirements state that I must do this, how can I use this product to control the actions within a standalone slide?

Quote:
How can I access to this controller using javascript (the only provided samples are calls from another flash document).

More precisely my needs would be to access to the API navigation methods provided such as:
- getStepsCount()
- gotoNextStep()
- gotoPreviousStep()
- getCurrentStepIndex()

Profile profile test