Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:02 am   Post subject: Styling issues in Mobile Safari when embedding via iframe

We are a browser based application provider. We were wondering if embedding iSpring HTML5 presentations in our apps was an appropriate and intended use of the product. We ask this because we are having styling issues with presentations on IOS devices when we do an iframe embed into our app. The same presentations style properly when not iframe embedded into our app but are viewed rather as stand alone web pages. Before we begin chasing css tactics and solutions, we were wondering if the product was intended to operate in this manner - as a sub component of a larger web page. If so, what is the preferred approach to this? We ask this because the primary approach to embedding one web page (iSpring presentation) into another (our application) is via the iframe. But there are known issues with dynamically sizing iFrames in the Safari Mobile browser. We are experiencing such issues, e.g., slides not properly re-sizing responsively when rotating the iPad from portrait to landscape. At a higher level, how should we approach this problem?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Styling issues in Mobile Safari when embedding via ifram

Thank you for your post!

Yes, there are some issues with dynamic resizing of iframes in iOS mobile devices like iPad.
Published presentations can be integrated into an iframe and controlled by the iframe borders. If the iframe is resized incorrectly, the inside content (a presentation) will follow it.

Yes, it causes many difficulties for mobile apps developers, however, this limitation is not over-passed yet.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Styling issues in Mobile Safari when embedding via ifram

Vladimir, thank you for your response. You say "if the iframe is resized incorrectly, the inside content (a presentation) will follow it". Can you tell me what you mean "incorrectly"? I have links to two sample web pages. One demonstrates an iframe with a simple div inside it (no iSpring presentation). This resizes correctly when changing the orientation on an iPad (dynamically resizing). The other link demonstrates an iframe with an iSpring presentation inside it. This resizes incorrectly when changing the orientation on an iPad. Can I send these links to you privately for review?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:04 am   Post subject: Re: Styling issues in Mobile Safari when embedding via ifram

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, it will be very helpful to take a look at the roots.

Please reach me via email at support@ispringsolutions.com

Profile profile test