Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:14 pm   Post subject: Visibility Options to Make Accessibility Better

Does iSpring have the option to highlight clickable items as they are selected inside the player and on the player controls? For instance, if I hover over the Play button, can a border of sorts appear around the Play button to make obvious where I am on the player?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Visibility Options to Make Accessibility Better

Thank you for the post!
Yes, you can do that with iSpring. If you select Universal player and go to Customize, you can even choose the color which will be used to highlight text/buttons/items:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/display/isuite/customizing+the+color+scheme

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Visibility Options to Make Accessibility Better

Thanks for your prompt response. I understand how player buttons may be modified such that the color changes on hover, etc. I can't figure out, though, a way to create "content focus" such that if I am tabbing through elements on a particular slide, a border, however slight, appears around the item I'm focusing on to indicate where I am in the slide and then reports it to a screen reader or other assistive technology. Is that type of setting possible? I've seen it used on Articulate Storyline (albeit not well), and I'm wondering if it's a possibility in iSpring.

JP

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Visibility Options to Make Accessibility Better

Dear JP,
Thank you for providing the additional details on what you'd like to achieve.
Currently, there is no similar functionality in any of the iSpring authoring tools.
The request was submitted to our Software Management Team for future consideration.

Profile profile test