Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 pm   Post subject: Links After Publishing

I have used iSpring to convert my PowerPoint 2007 presentation to a Flash file in order to load it onto a client's website. I have a few hyperlinks in the presentation that link to PDF's and a few that link to external websites. After flashing/converting, the links all open fine (in the same window) but the problem is when the back button is hit, it returns to the first slide and starts the narration from the beginning again. I have searched for about 2 weeks, many forums, etc. and cannot find a solution. Not an expert at this so any help would be appreciated more than you know!!! Help.

Mike

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

Hello,
In order to solve this problem, let me recommend you to make hyperlinks to open in a new window. To do this, please Click Links button on the iSpring Toolbar ---> Web Links ---> Open external links in ---> Choose New Browser Window ("_blank") from the dropdown list. In this case you will be able to get back to the same slide you just left.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

Tatiana,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm using iSpring Free so within PowerPoint 2007, on the iSpring tab, i do not have the "Links" button. Do i need to buy a better version of iSpring to get this to work (like Pro)?

Thanks,

Mike

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 am   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

Hi, Mike

"Links" button is an option of iSpring Pro and iSpring Presenter. You can download fully functional 30-days trial versions of these products here:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/download.html

Thank you for your interest in our product!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:00 am   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

Okay, that's great to use the links feature to have it placed within the resources tab, but what about the links on the actual slides. When I click on the links, I want them to open in a new window, not in the same window. How do I fix this???

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 am   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

dreamqwest wrote:
Okay, that's great to use the links feature to have it placed within the resources tab, but what about the links on the actual slides. When I click on the links, I want them to open in a new window, not in the same window. How do I fix this???

Open Web Links tab in the Presentation Links window and choose "One in a new browser window" option:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... links.html
This will make hyperlinks to open in a new browser window.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

Okay, I will test this with small portion of my program. I will update.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:25 am   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

okay, I have an additional question. How do I create a relative link within my learning program? I have links in the power point slide that I would like to point to the files in my resources. So instead of putting the whole url in the link, I can just have it retrieve the documents or the web links from the Resources tab within the program. Can this be done?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:08 am   Post subject: Re: Links After Publishing

dreamqwest wrote:
okay, I have an additional question. How do I create a relative link within my learning program? I have links in the power point slide that I would like to point to the files in my resources. So instead of putting the whole url in the link, I can just have it retrieve the documents or the web links from the Resources tab within the program. Can this be done?

Yes, you can. The link should have URL relative to the HTML file which loads your Flash presentation.
For example:
Your presentation is placed at the following URL:
http://mysite.com/courses/course1.html
Your resource is located at:
http://mysite.com/courses/res/doc1.txt
The relative link within the presentation to this resource should be as follows:
res/doc1.txt
You can specify the relative URL in the Insert Hyperlink window of PowerPoint

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ