Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:19 am   Post subject: Password for quiz? is it possible?

Hello
Is there any way to create a mandatory password field, or non-scoring question response, in order to restrict access to quiz (without using a Powerpoint presentation)?
Any suggestions gratefully received!
Thanks
Nyree

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Password for quiz? is it possible?

Hello, Nyree!
This is Alex with iSpring Tech Support team.

It seems that this goal can be achieved via the Fill in the Blank question and the unlimited attempts to answer the question:
This way user will have to enter the correct answer to advance to the next question.
How do you think, could it be the solution for you?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Password for quiz? is it possible?

Hello Alex
Thanks for your reply - I had looked at this option; I have 2 problems with this solution:
1 Unless I have misunderstood, I have to implement the branching option in order to restrict access to the next question, otherwise any attempt, right or wrong, would allow access to the next question?
My quiz uses randomised questions from a pool and this is incompatible with the branching option.

2 there seems to be no option for a '0' points question, so the password answer is counted in the total.

I would be very grateful if you could suggest a work-around for these issues...
Regards
Nyree

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:57 am   Post subject: Re: Password for quiz? is it possible?

Hello, Nyree!

You're right - this workaround can be set up only for the Linear navigation scenario. However, keep in mind that you can set up the option to shuffle questions another way: in the Question Group options you can choose the number of included question. Image

This way you can create 2 questions groups - first one will have only password question and the second one will have the group of shuffled questions. What do you think of this workaround?

As for the second issue I'd like to note that if the user starts the quiz that means that he has entered the password correctly. Therefore, you should consider it as correct always and make the passing score higher by one question value.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:02 am   Post subject: Re: Password for quiz? is it possible? SOLVED

Thanks for your suggestion - perfect!

Profile profile test