Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 pm   Post subject: Sample swf's play in flex app but SDK 4.2.1 generated not

Been trying to evaluate this product for purchase by my company but have had no luck with Flex 3 integration. Not much help out there either. Will try again here.

I asked the question "should I be using the AS3Bridge approach or not". No answer. So I went ahead and gave it a shot.

I used the AS3Bridge approach in the AS3BridgeSample Flex project that comes with SDK 4.2.1. to make a slide presentation window in my Flex app. It works as it should if I load the sample presentations that come with the example. If I convert a PPT presentation via the current SDK though, my Flex app loads the swf and then unloads it a second later. It then proceeds to unload and load it repeatedly in a loop. Again though, if I load one of the presentations that come with the example, it operates as expected. No issues.

Has to be how the swf is put together. Same code works with one but not the other.

Again I ask, does the product work with Flex 3? If so, can you point me to some best practices for integration with it? Things like which product to use to convert the presentations and what settings to use? Perhaps some good, working Flex 3 integration sample code?

What SDK version was used to generate the sample presentations? What were the settings? Or is it the PPT presentations themselves prior to conversion? What PPT version were the sample presentations? Is there some version compatibility issue?

Here's the console output when I load the SDK 4.2.1 generated swf:

[SWF] C:\~projects\source\flexbuilder\tests\Pharmacast\bin-debug\Pharmacast.swf - 1,722,060 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\~projects\source\flexbuilder\tests\Pharmacast\bin-debug\as3bridge.swf - 17,479 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\~projects\source\flexbuilder\tests\Pharmacast\bin-debug\Hip.swf - 978,894 bytes after decompression
[Unload SWF] C:\~projects\source\flexbuilder\tests\Pharmacast\bin-debug\Hip.swf
[SWF] C:\~projects\source\flexbuilder\tests\Pharmacast\bin-debug\Hip.swf - 978,894 bytes after decompression

and on and on...

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 am   Post subject: Re: Sample swf's play in flex app but SDK 4.2.1 generated not

iSpring SDK generated presentations can be controlled from Flex 3 applications.
You can find Flex 2 projects illustrating the process here:
"C:\Program Files\iSpring\SDK\samples\client\samples\as3\flex2"
These are Flex 2 projects but the can be easily opened in Flex 3.

Steps are as follows:
0. Make sure you are using the latest iSpring SDK which can be obtained on the download page:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/download.html

1. Convert the presentation in Solid or Compound presentation mode. Do not forget to enable "Integrate AS3 connector" option in Code builder (or use the corresponding command line option or COM API usage code)

2. Load the published presentation into your flex application using the way illustrated in the flex 2 samples:
"C:\Program Files\iSpring\SDK\samples\client\samples\as3\flex2"

If you experience any problems please contact our support team using support form on our web site (http://www.ispringsolutions.com/support.html) or via e-mail:
support [at] ispringsolutions [dot] com

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ