Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:00 pm   Post subject: How to insert/embed SWF file created by Captivate 3 in iSp?

I am having such a hard time embedding a SWF file into iSpring Presenter 4.2 and getting it to play. I had originally tried to embed a SWF file created in Articulate Engage. When I published my iSpring project, the only object that appeared was the skin or the player control bar.

I have a client who need a course completed in 3 weeks, I've been looking into purchasing iSpring Presenter for a while and now I have the opportunity to purchase, but I can't get the darn SWF files to work. Matter of fact, my client has many SWF files to embed, so this feature is a MUST HAVE.

I have been reading the user guide and the forum topics and I need more clearer instructions. Could anyone provide step-by-step instructions on this, possible with screen-shots???

I've almost sold them on this product and I need to deliver. Please help!!!
Carolyn Ford Burac

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:52 pm   Post subject: Re: How to insert/embed SWF file created by Captivate 3 in iSp?

Please try to detach embedded FlashMovies first. To do it go to Publish -> Media -> detach flash. If it doesn't help, please send us your powerpoint presentation along with swf-s you are trying to embed to our support team. We will do our best to help you. We also guarantee absolute confidentiality of the files you will provide.
support [at] ispringsilutions.com

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:54 pm   Post subject: Re: How to insert/embed SWF file created by Captivate 3 in iSp?

Dear Maria,

I am having some major issues with this program.

I performed the suggestions you indicated previously and the intro videos of the professor loop when before they hadn’t at the start when the majority of the videos weren’t inserted. As the presentation files became larger or as I added more content, I started having a difficult time getting the videos to behave the way it’s supposed to. So I used the timer in iSpring to force the slide to progress to the next slide so the swf video wouldn’t loop. It worked great, but it posed a persistent problem. The videos are delayed. You can hear the audio when the video is suppose to start, but the video appears several seconds afterwards. This is the case for basically all of the videos, including the lesson videos. I have tried everything to fix this, but I have not been successful. I have even separated the whole course into 8 parts because I know the file is rather large, but I still get the same results. I also wanted to add that I am thinking of just recording the html page that plays the video to produce an avi file with Snagit screen capture. This is my only resolution and I really don’t want to do this because the quality isn’t as good.You may view it here: http://dreamqwest.org/Personal%20Financial%20Management/index.html

I will send you all the files through yousendit.com

Thanks,
CFB

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:17 am   Post subject: Re: How to insert/embed SWF file created by Captivate 3 in iSp?

It seems that there is a problem with your Flash videos. They do not start playing when loaded from the Internet.
Clear your browser cache and try to open the following URL:
http://dreamqwest.org/Personal%20Financ ... flash1.swf
This video doesn't start playing when the loading has been finished.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ