Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm   Post subject: ActionScript 3 Connector and StandAlone Slides

When I select StandAlone Slides and check the box for the ActionScript 3 Connector There are problems.

First there is no difference in file size between output with the AS3 connector and without. (In a solid presentation, there is a 9k difference)

Second, I do not get the PlayerEvent.PLAYER_INIT event with a standalone slide loaded using the PresentationLoader class.
I do get this event in a solid presentation.

My application requires that I only present slides with animations, so I will rarely need a solid presentation because not all slides have animations. Can someone please help me understand how to connect to a standalone slide?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:31 pm   Post subject: Re: ActionScript 3 Connector and StandAlone Slides

Standalone Flash slides do not support the integration of ActionScript 3 connection module. Currently this feature is available for Solid and Compound presentation modes only.

The usage of standalone slides usually does not provide any technical benefits in comparison with solid or compound presentation mode. Moreover an API provided by standalone slides provides less features than API of the solid or compound presentations.

If you do really need to communicate with the slides in standalone mode, you may develop your own AS2 module which will load a standalone slide and communicate with it using AS2 API. From the other hand this "bridge" module will communicate with your AS3 application via LocalConnection.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ