Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:06 am   Post subject: Control presentation from parent container swf

Hi,

Is there a way to control swf presentation from a parent swf which load presentation? I would like to control at least next or previous slide.

Thanks for help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:11 am   Post subject: Re: Control presentation from parent container swf

Yes, it is possible.
iSpring Presenter and iSpring SDK generated presentations provide ActionScript API which allows playback control and receiving notifications about playback events.

The following folder contains samples illustrating playback control:
C:\Program Files\iSpring\Presenter\samples\as2\presentation-control

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:20 am   Post subject: Re: Control presentation from parent container swf

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately i do not have iSpring, my client provide me ispring swf presentation and so i need to control these swf, is threre a web example available or could you show me actionscript 3 example to simply do a next or previous slide from a parent container.

Thanks a lot

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:28 am   Post subject: Re: Control presentation from parent container swf

SamYStudiO wrote:
Unfortunately i do not have iSpring, my client provide me ispring swf presentation and so i need to control these swf, is threre a web example available or could you show me actionscript 3 example to simply do a next or previous slide from a parent container.

iSpring generated presentation are written in ActionScript 2. Your application is written in Action Script 3. To enable communication between them the presentation should be converted with integrated AS3 connector - there is such option in the Advanced Tab:

Here is a documentation with a sample on the bottom.
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs/presenter/4.3/as_api/actionscript3_and_flex.html

You do need to install iSpring Presenter to get the necessary ActionScript API classes which will allow you to control the presentation.
Source code illustrating communication between AS3 code and the generated presentation is located here:
C:\Program Files\iSpring\Presenter\samples\as3\as2player\as2player_sample.fla

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ