Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:14 pm   Post subject: Embedded mpg movie versus embedded swf movie

Using presenter 4.3 if I embed a flash swf movie into a slide and using the advanced glossy player the swf plays automatically. Pausing the slide with the slide navigation control has no effect - the embedded video keeps on playing.

If I covert the SWF file to MPEGII (with super) and then embed the MPEG II movie using native powerpoint menu (insert movie from file) and set to play automatically you can pause and restart the embedded movie with the slide navigation control. This gives the user a better experience compared with embedding the original swf flash movie ( no detectable loss of quality in conversion).

Is there a problem with they way I am embedding swf movies. Is it possible to better control embedded swf movies or is the embedded MPEGII movie behavior superior by design.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Embedded mpg movie versus embedded swf movie

The fact is that SWF file is not just a movie like AVI or MPEG. Unlike ordinary video files SWFs are interactive - games or other flash applications (quizzes, etc).

For example, if you try to load Youtube Video player in your Flash application and call the "stop" method of the loaded youtube video player MovieClip - you will not stop the video. Such ways work only for simple non-interactive Flash movies and never (or almost never) work with interactive ones.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ