Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:27 am   Post subject: Flash movies with dependencies

Hi! I'm new to iSpring Presenter, and so far I've found it really nice and cool to do things like Quizzes and inserting Flash movies. Also the final player or skin is really nice, it looks very professional with the company logo and instructor picture.

Is possible to embed a flash movie that haves external dependencies? In Flash CS3 (AS 3) I did a activity with buttons and stuff, and when you click one of the buttons, a external sound is called, I also read a XML file to display current information, depending of the button clicked. The problem is that when I insert the flash movie in iSpring Presenter, it does not work properly, the sound is not linked, and I think neither the XML file.

I tried copying the XML and sound files to the "data" directory, previously setting the Detach media content (Flash movies checked) under the media tab in the Publish settings, but I didn't make it work.

Anybody has tried something similar before? any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Flash movies with dependencies

iSpring creates AS2 Flash presentations.
It is not technically possible to make AS3 flash movie work within AS2 Flash file, even if you "detach" them - AS2 virtual machine can't execute AS3 SWF files

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ