Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 am   Post subject: Has video handling changed?

I had video playback working well with our system, but now when I convert an embedded video file, it does not play. I use the API calls provided by Alexsey some time ago. Did the playback for vdieo API change? I am now using the most current version of iSpring Pro 4.3.

Doug

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Has video handling changed?

Yes, video playback core is regularly updated. Version 5 will also update video objects core since PowerPoint 2010 (supported in v 5) provides additional playback control facilities for embedded video objects.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Has video handling changed?

So how do I access the new functionality? I thought using your API was the key to not having to update our code?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 am   Post subject: Re: Has video handling changed?

dougwo wrote:
So how do I access the new functionality? I thought using your API was the key to not having to update our code?

iSpring Pro does not provide any ActionScript or JavaScript API. Only iSpring Presenter and iSpring SDK products can generate Flash presentations that provide ActionScript and JavaScript API (JS API is provided by JavaScript connection module).

The only supported and maintained APIs are those described in iSpring documentation.
You don't have to update your code as long as you use public interfaces of our presentations. Last time you were provided with a number of internal interfaces providing an access to slide videos.

iSpring technical support does not cover resolving issues caused by the usage of non-documented features of our products. Please contact our sales department to learn more about our consulting services.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:36 am   Post subject: Re: Has video handling changed?

I think I understand. So there is no way for me to control the video playback on a slide produced with iSpring Pro except through your playback application? The code I am currently calling was internal only and is not supported?

But I can upgrade to iSpring Presenter and then I can use the SDK? That seems reasonable. Does iSpring Presenter have the option of outputting individual slides so that I can play them back with my own player?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Has video handling changed?

Yes, iSpring Presenter can convert presentations to Compound or Solid Flash presentation as well as to Standalone Flash slides.

Learn more about ActionScript API in iSpring Presenter documentation:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... index.html