Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm   Post subject: Software Ability Question

Hello,

I have had this software suggested to me by our companies web administrator. My question is how capable is it?

My goal is to do a self contained online training course that has an animated intro with voice over. This followed with a click through body - with some building animations and whatnot to ease participants into some content. Once the body is complete, a quick recorded conclusion, then follow the whole thing up with a quiz.

I want this all to plug into Moodle so that the quiz results can be entered into the system as a grade and the student can graduate the program.

My goal is to have an end result animation wise that looks like this: http://www.microsoft.com/industry/gover ... _sisa.html Is this possible?

Let me give you some quick background on the above link... it's a project I worked on a few years back... I was the designer - did everything but the player and the voice over. The way the player works is it loads chapters that are small .swf files - this helps eliminate load times. Are ispring files all one huge .swf or .flv or is there the ability to create loadable chapters to help curb load times?

Also, how does this compare to adobe products? What are the advantages of this over the similar package Adobe Captivate? What are the advantages over using flash strictly? I'm not one who's big on taking content from PowerPoint directly into other software, can I build and animate directly within ispring? Import flash and after effects animations into it as well?

Any information you could provide would be greatly helpful. I was going to download the demo - but I don't have a ton of time to spend learning new software to find out it isn't what I need. Thanks!

Andrew
Creative Director

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:46 am   Post subject: Re: Software Ability Question

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your question.

1. Animation conversion quality

Quote:
My goal is to have an end result animation wise that looks like this: http://www.microsoft.com/industry/gover ... _sisa.html Is this possible?

These animations are quite simple and will be easily processed with iSpring.
I belive that it is important to make sure that the product you want to use will be able to handle much complicated cases, providing the highest quality of conversion of animated and narrated presentations, keeping their playback as close to original PowerPoint as it is possible.
To illustrate the possibilities of iSpring please take a look at the presentation in the following iSpring blog post:
http://blog.ispringsolutions.com/?p=340
The presentation is synchronized with music, so don't forget to turn on your speakers.

The presentation utilizes all PowerPoint 2007 animation abilities and was flawlessly converted to Flash with iSpring.

2. Quiz.
iSpring Presenter has an integrated QuizMaker which allows you to create quizzes (9 types of questions are supported). You may place the quiz in the end of the presentation and submit quiz results to any SCORM/AICC compatible LMS

3. Conversion modes:
iSpring Presenter can create 3 types of Flash content:
1. Presentation in one solid Flash file
2. Presentation with slides stored separately
3. Standalone Flash slides

Presentations in mode 1 and 2 can be wrapped into one of 10 customizable players providing different navigation and playback facilities.

Next week we are releasing iSpring 5.0, which supports PPT 2010 (including almost all 3d transition effects) and trigger animations. The QuizMaker in 5.0 supports 10 types of questions.

4. Comparison with another products
We tried to convert the presentation in the mentioned blog post using other PPT to Flash products (Adobe, Articulate).
iSpring was the only product (and we think it still is) which was able to convert all complex animations of the the presentation without artifacts. You may download the original presentation (the link is given in the blog post) and compare conversion quality of these products.

iSpring PPT to Flash conversion core uses some smart optimizations (for example, smart image compression and vector representation of PowerPoint vector shapes) which make resulting Flash files compact in comparison with other product.

5. External Flash animations. iSpring allows you to insert Flash movies (AS2 only Flash files are supported) and Youtube videos in the presentation slides which keep their functionality after conversion in most cases.

6. Audio and video narration.
iSpring Presenter allows you to record or import audio and video narration and synchronize it with your slides.
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... ation.html

I hope that this information is helpful. We will be glad to see you our client

Alexey Malov
iSpring Team Lead

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ