Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 pm   Post subject: Detect end of swf

My project is to create a web page that will display a defined list of PowerPoint presentations in a loop within the web page. It is for an informational display, with no user keyboard or mouse interaction.

I have built a prototype, using ISpringPro to convert my PowerPoint files to SWF files. I am using swfobject.embedswf to dynamically embed the SWF files in my web page div, one at a time. My problem is that I need to be able to know when the SWF file has ended (no longer playing), so I can load the next presentation to the web page.

I like that ISpring Pro is a plugin to PowerPoint, and thus allows the user to easily convert the PP files to SFW and publish them to a web enabled directory. I just haven’t found a way to trap the end of play event of the SWF using swfobject.js.

I have heard that I might need to convert to an FLV to do this.

Can you help clear this up please?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 am   Post subject: Re: Detect end of swf

We recommend you to use iSpring Presenter instead of iSpring Pro in your project.

iSpring Presenter generated presentations provide an ActionScript and JavaScript API allowing programmatic presentation playback control and receiving notifications about various presentation events (including the end of Presentation playback event).

Learn more about ActionScript API
Learn more about JavaScript API

You may find an example of JavaScript API usage after installing iSpring Presenter 5 here :
"C:\Program Files\iSpring\Presenter 5\samples\javascript"

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ