Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 pm   Post subject: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting info

Hi,
Our training company is interested in your system as a replacement for our current LMS. We see one issue with this which I hope there’s a solution.

We need the students to upload files from their on-line system. After they complete multiple choice questions, which would be easily done with your Quiz Maker program, we need the students to submit a final project which is comprised of sentence answers to questions and uploading documents to support these answers. The project is then scored by a trainer from their portal and he scores & comments submitted in the students system for the student to review.

So our question is does your system allow students to upload files and trainers to score and comments on these answers?

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 am   Post subject: Re: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting info

Hi, thank you for posting here.

This particular option is not available on iSpring Online.
If you use iSpring Presenter for converting PPT courses to Flash packages for iSpring Online LMS, it is possible to attach an external document to the FlashMovie. Just please open iSpring toolbar --> Links tab --> References and Attachments --> click "Add file attachment" and select the document. This document will be available in 'References' tab in Advanced Matte, Advanced Glossy, Crystal and Classic players.

Students (non-Publishers) are not allowed to upload content to teacher's account on iSpring Online, thus they will have to send this modified document to teacher's email manually.

The next version of iSpring QuizMaker will contain a new question type - "Essay" - which will allow to give a free answer with no score.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:40 am   Post subject: Re: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting info

Hi
Have you given this feature any further consideration?
Many LMS's allow students to upload documents.
The essay function you have provided in Surveys is very handy as they can provide a detailed answer - however our ideal use of the Quiz or LMS would be for the student to upload a screen shot or a data file as evidence supporting this essay answer.
I realise these documents can be sent via email however that defeats the purpose of having everything relating to that course or students answers in one place (LMS).
Can you please consider as an enhancement?
With thanks
Amanda

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 am   Post subject: Re: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting info

Amanda,

Thank you for your suggestion! We will add this feature to the list of feature requests for iSpring Online.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting info

Thanks Stacy
This is a key feature which will decide which LMS we select for our business. I realise you can't build in features like this overnight but if you can give me an indication of how long something like this would take to be built I might be able to hold off our purchase - or work around it until such feature is available in iSpring.
Thanks again for your reply and I look forward to hearing more.
Regards -
Amanda Thompson - Training & Support Consultant - Micromine

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting info

Hi Jennifer,

This feature is currently under discussion. Could you please describe how you plan to use a file uploaded by a student? Do you want to make some comments/corrections? How should this feature work from your point of view?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting info

Hi. We plan on using our LMS as an assessment tool for our staff around the globe. They will log into our software (3D geographical plotting, viewing and estimating) and perform set instructions using data provided. They will then answer a set of questions in iSpring and attach evidence of their findings. What we need to see as evidence from them along with answers to quiz questions will be attachments including: CSV files, Screen shots either in JPEG or inserted into a word document, Excel files and very possibly ISO standard and industrial standard formats like VRML, X3D, Collada, OpenJT. (the assessor will need the applicable viewer installed to view the file).

It would be ideal for the assessor to make comments back to the student - however I don't see a need to add corrections to the docs uploaded by the student or upload further files - although I can see that being a useful feature in the future. I assume the concern would be the sheer size of storage required for all these files.
Look forward to hearing more
Amanda

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Does iSpring let students up-load docs for supporting in

I think the best way will be to upload the files that you'd like to share with your student to any hosting, for example you can use Google Drive and insert the links to the files in iSpring Quizmaker.
Then your students will be able to download the files and answer the questions or give their feedback.
23 types of the question in iSpring Quizmaker will allow you to make the quiz diverse.

Profile profile test