Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:46 pm   Post subject: Don't Want LMS to Register Failing Quiz Grades

I'm working with the SumTotal LMS. When a learner takes a lesson I've exported to iSpring, I don't want the LMS to register a failing grade...I want these courses to stay in an "Incomplete" state until the learner achieves the passing grade, and then I want just the passing score added to the user's transcript.

In Captivate and Articulate there are settings as to whether to report a score to the LMS as complete/incomplete or pass/fail, but I don't see similar settings in iSpring.

In V5, I was able to add a line of XML to the manifest file stating <adlcp:masteryscore>100</adlcp:masteryscore> and this seemed to do the trick, but it doesn't seem to be working with V6.

Anyone else tried this and come up with a solution? (Basically what I want is to pass only the values of Passed/Incomplete to the LMS, which is the default in Articulate.)

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Want LMS to Register Failing Quiz Grades

The matter is that AICC and SCORM 1.2 have the only complete/incomplete status.
SCORM 2004 has status whether passed or failed. You can have the score based on this status. It also has the complete/incomplete status as well, but it shows if the presentation was viewed all the way through. It cannot be changed currently.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Don't Want LMS to Register Failing Quiz Grades

Thanks, this did work when I used SCORM 2004 and SumTotal: the LMS only records the passing grade. Failing grades are left as incomplete (I didn't want the failing grades added to the learner's transcript). The LMS also records the actual raw score.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 am   Post subject: Re: Don't Want LMS to Register Failing Quiz Grades

Please contact us at support email for the further research.

Profile profile test