Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 pm   Post subject: E-Commerce Questions

My company sells online training courses plus associated quizzes from our website. We originally had password protected Flash files on our own server but the management of users and passwords became a "nightmare" and so we have just started loading content to the iSpring Online portal.

Currently when we sell a course via Paypal (from our own website) we then manually add users to iSping Online and have the system e-mail the login link and random passwords to our clients. Of course we would prefer this to be a completely automated process to avoid any delays in our clients receiving their login details. Therefore, if we activate the E-Commerce option for the relevant courses how do we advertise this from our website? Will we have a 'link' to the content for sale which we can add to a "Buy Now" button on our site? (I cannot find any reference to this in the "Knowledge Base").

I also assume that the Quiz associated with each of our courses will need to be inserted at the end of each Flash presentation using the iSping Presentation editor. (Otherwise I am guessing that the quiz content would not automatically be allocated to the client's Group). Will the Quizmaker system still e-mail the Pass or Fail result to the user(s) if it is incorporated in the main presentation?

Regards,
Rhys

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 pm   Post subject: Re: E-Commerce Questions

We are looking to accomplish the same task. How do you go about setting this up?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:18 pm   Post subject: Re: E-Commerce Questions

iSpring Online offers REST and SOAP API that could be used for managing users in automatic mode. Here is the link to our documentation:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/to ... _user.html

You can invite users to watch content in automatic mode as well:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/to ... ntent.html

Send quiz results via email option could be turned off in settings if a quiz is located in LMS.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 am   Post subject: Re: E-Commerce Questions

I think the new feature of user self registration by sharing folders is fantastic!

My company's courses are too big to upload as a single presentation and are therefore split into modules.

We now intend putting all the related modules into one folder and then we will sell the complete course from our website by having our PayPal "Success" landing page have the shared folder link for the user to self register.

Does anyone foresee any problems in doing this?

Profile profile test