Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:26 pm   Post subject: slides viewed

I am looking at the report "slide views" for one of my iSpring online content items. For a particular student it lists the slide numbers they have viewed (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 46). This confuses me as all the navigation has been locked down so that the users have to access the resource in a defined way. It is not possible (from the design point of view) to skip from slide 8 to slide 46), slide 46 can only be accessed via slide 45 or 47. I thought iSpring online would accurately record all of the activity, is this not the case?

Thanks,
Sam

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 pm   Post subject: Re: slides viewed

It also says that for some of the slides the average viewing time was 00:00:00 and views were only 1 or 2, when I know there must have been more views, e.g.

Slide 1 branches out to slides 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 7 and 8. between each slide 2-8 the user would have to return to slide 1. This would mean that the user mentioned above should have a views count of at least 5 for slide 1 as they visited slide 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 1, 8 (or at least that's what the navigation is designed to force them to do). But it's just not recording like that.

Profile profile test