Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 am   Post subject: Youtube videos not working

I'm having problems with inserting videos into Powerpoint, when I insert the link into the box I can't preview the video (it just stays blank) and when I click on insert then a white box appears which does not let me play the video in Slideshow mode or even edit the video.
Please help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Thank you for your post.
Actually if you insert a Youtube video via iSpring, it will not work in the original file, only when you publish the course with iSpring. However I have to say that iSpring Free only allows to publish courses to Flash AS2. But Youtube doesn't support AS2 anymore.
In this case I'd recommend that you add a Youtube window with iSpring Pro 7 trial version and publish the course with it, this way it should work properly.
I hope this works for you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:53 am   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Yeah I did download the iSpring Pro free trial and tried to insert the youtube video but it still isn't working. And iSpring used to work fine with the Youtube videos without publishing the presentation, have there been any secutiy updates recently that could have caused youtube videos to stop playing?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Thank you for your reply.
This is rather strange. Actually it should work with the new version of iSpring Pro 7. Could you please provide a screenshot that would demonstrate the issue?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Has this issue been resolved, as I am having the same trouble: copying the youtube address into the address bar, but the 'preview' button is faded out and won't allow me to preview.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Please make sure that the UTL is correct.
For example, it should be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHsGIt_zG0

And not something like:
http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHsGIt_zG0
or
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHsGIt_zG0

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Sorry I do not have idea about this. You can contact Youtube Support for this. From here you can get your solution . I am 100% sure.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Thank you for your collaboration!
However, I believe the issue was resolved.

Anyway, we are here to help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

hope someone is still watching this post?

I am adding youtube links with isprin 7 presenter, and after pasting in the URL, the preview and "OK" buttons remain greyed-out. If i hit return, the video pops up and plays. Still can't select OK? Thoughts?

maybe this has meaning:?:

I upload my ispring file from an earlier edition via dropbox. Then downloaded to new computer with updated ispring 7. The only thing I can think may be causing this problem, is that an IT person at my college said microsoft has some kind of protection process for downloading from internet? maybe related? Has to be re-saved as something else? Did that, no change.

secondly, i enabled, one at a time, the "trust" settings. No change.

I am a Mac user, with bootcamp running on my computer. And I don't know about microsoft software at all?

Any ideas? solutions?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube videos not working

Thank you for the post!
Sorry to hear that you're having this issue with the YouTube videos!
This problem occurs dew to the fact that YouTube API was changed and our engineers had to find a solution and resolve the problem in one of the next product builds.
Can you please send us a message to support@ispringsolutions.com so that we can send you the updated version of the software?

Profile profile test