Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:55 pm   Post subject: Input fields

Hi.

I've been provided with a powerpoint presentation to convert to Scorm format. The presentation includes several "exercise" pages, which are populated with input fields in the form of activeX controls.

I'm aware that iSpring can't convert activeX controls, and for the most part I can understand this, but these are the standard Windows controls for input fields; there's nothing special about them, and they map exactly to standard HTML field types. It is very frustrating not to be able to convert them.

Ideally it would be nice if iSpring could spot these specific controls, and make an effort to convert them.

Alternatively, if iSpring could provide its own input fields (eg alongside the youtube and flash buttons), I could swap the activeX ones for the iSpring ones when I do the conversion.

Are there any plans to implement anything like this? Or is there anything else you can suggest as an alternative?

Thank you,

Simon C.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Input fields

Thank you for posting here!

Could you please provide me with a sample presentation that can illustrate what you want to achieve?
I believe we will be able to offer you a workaround, however, it is difficult to suggest something without having something to look at.

Please send the presentation at support@ispringsolutions.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Input fields

Hi.

I have emailed you a sample file. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Simon C.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Input fields

Thank you for your quick response!

Your message was received. I will reply you via email soon.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Input fields

For the benefit of anyone else reading this forum, the answer received after I emailed the file was that no, it couldn't be converted. (Which is what I was expecting to hear, really).

I responded with a couple of feature suggestions for iSpring to consider that might make it possible in the future.

Thank you to iSpring support for the prompt replies. :)

Profile profile test