Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 pm   Post subject: can't ID quiz takers - what's the point??

Submitted this ticket through work already, and recieved the information that Free Quizmaker does not provide us with the functionality of identifying Quiz Takers.

So you can play around with the software; create simple quizzes; publish and post them on your intranet, for instance. You can even have the software email you the results immediately after a quiz taker takes a quiz. But you cannot ID the quiz-taker whatsoever.

What is the value of providing the software if you cannot use it for its intended purpose?

If the"value" is for advertising and marketing, you already offer "free trials" of your software. Offering this "Free Quizmaker", then, is disingenious, and has no value to its customers.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm   Post subject: Re: can't ID quiz takers - what's the point??

Free QuizMaker is a simple product and don't forget that it's a freeware. Email generation option requires our server action to generate an automated message and because we give this software for free we don't have control over number of licenses and cannot predict possible server loading. It could lead to server malfunction or delays in quiz results delivery which we cannot allow. Therefore we incorporate this email option just in our paid QuizMaker.

However, there is a great way how you can use Free QuizMaker. Because it allows generating SCORM packages, you can post these quizzes to any LMS (e.g. Moodle) which takes care of user recognition part and saving results. SCORM learning object generation was the main purpose of Free QuizMaker when we started developing it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:31 pm   Post subject: Re: can't ID quiz takers - what's the point??

"Therefore we incorporate this email option just in our paid QuizMaker."

Actually, Free Quizmaker emails the maker of the quiz automatically whenever a quiz is done. It looks like what's below. I get that in my email box whenver someone does the quiz on our Sharepoint. I know nothing about SCORM and attaching this to an LMS is not an option appropriate for these particular circumstances. But because there's no way to identify who it was that did it, the process is pointless.

The idea of freeware, like for instance, Mozilla, is that it can be used for its purpose. Otherwise, don't offer it. Stick to the free trials.

"Quiz 1"

50.00 (100.00%)
50 (100%)
00:03:10 ∞

1 (Multiple Choice)
Attempts: 1/2
[question text here]

( ) [ ] Option 1 text.
( ) [ ] Option 2 text.
(x) [+] Option 3 text.
( ) [ ] Option 4 text.
( ) [ ] Option 5 text.

2 (Multiple Choice)
[question text here]

( ) [ ] Option 1
( ) [ ] Option 2
(x) [+] Option 3
( ) [ ] Option 4
( ) [ ] Option 5
( ) [ ] Option 6

3 (Multiple Response)
The following has already gone into production [click all that apply]:

etc etc etc

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 pm   Post subject: Re: can't ID quiz takers - what's the point??

I am sorry for explaining it not so clear. Actually I meant emails with names. This option has been included into Free version as a preview. Thank you for your post a lot. We will discuss it with our product managers and development team and maybe will add some fixes to its functional.

Btw, there is a big difference between Trial QuizMaker and Free QuizMaker: the trial version generates a banner while free version works without it.

Profile profile test