Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 pm   Post subject: Weight of a Slide Rating

Hello, Can you please explain more on how the Rating viewed slides work and rating their weight?

Also how the Rating of slides watched and how the Quiz results are rated, where is the formula?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:33 am   Post subject: Re: Weight of a Slide Rating

Thank you for your post.
If your course has both "rate quizzes" and "rate number of slides viewed" completion settings enabled, this means, that the final course score is calculated as an average of slides viewed and quiz results. I.e., if a user passes the quiz but views only 2 of 20 slides in the presentation, his final course status will be "Failed". The course will be passed if the user passes the quiz and views all the slides in the course.
Here is the detailed formula which describes how the course final score is calculated for SCORM packages:
((Viewed slides ÷ total slides) * weight for slides * 100% + (user score in % for Quiz1 * weight for Quiz1) + (user score in % for Quiz2 * weight for Quiz2) + ... (user score in % for Quiz_n * weight for Quiz_n)) ÷ (weight for slides + weight for Quiz1 + weight for Quiz2 + ...weight for Quiz_n)
You can find the instruction on how to manage completion settings for your courses here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/online/online/completion_settings.html
I hope my answer was helpful.

Profile profile test