Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 am   Post subject: How to show the correct answer right away?

Hello,

first of all let me say I am a complete beginner and have just started experimenting, but I was wondering if it is possible to make cloze tests, i.e. sentences with one part that needs to be filled in by the student, that show automatically the correct answer in case a wrong one is inserted (of course the answer would be counted as a wrong one), not simply "incorrect".
This because it is good for the student to know right away what the answer should have been.
I know it is possible to do it manually, customizing each notice for the wrong answers, but this is very tedious and I am not able to find an automatic way.

Cheers,

Clemens

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:33 pm   Post subject: Re: How to show the correct answer right away?

Hello,
Thank you for the post!
iSpring Qizmaker 7 allows you to customize the Feedback message for every question that will pop up right after a user gives a correct or wrong answer:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/topic/quizmaker.7/desktop/question_feedback.html
However, there is now way to automatically apply different custom text for the answers in the Feedback messages.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:35 pm   Post subject: Re: How to show the correct answer right away?

Thank you for your reply.
I am aware of the option to manually customize each message after each answer, but I hoped there was a way to have Quizmaker also show the correct answer without me having to input it manually.
Perhaps it is a feature you might want to add in future versions of the software since it can be really helpful for a learner, who wouldn't have to wait until the end of the quiz, especially if it is a long one.
Another nice addition would be the option to give a hint (perhaps in the form of a question mark after the sentence, so if one wants can read it otherwise can skip it), in my specific case for example, since I am teaching languages, the basic form of a verb, of which the student needs to put a conjugated form as an answer.
Example sentence:
Tomorrow I will be ____ to the market with my sister.
Hint: to go
Answer: going
If answer is correct: Correct
If answer is wrong: Wrong. The right answer is "going" (which is data that can be fetched automatically from Answer).

Cheers

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:23 pm   Post subject: Re: How to show the correct answer right away?

I actually meant to post this in relation to the full version of Quizmaker.
Cheers

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:04 pm   Post subject: Re: How to show the correct answer right away?

Thank you for the additional information about your request!
If you would like to submit a feature request for a new functionality in iSpring Quizmaker, can I ask you to send a message to support@ispringsolutions.com and we'll send you a special form for it.
When the form is filled out, I will be able to redirect the information to our Product Management Team for future consideration.

Profile profile test