Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 pm   Post subject: AIR Samples not working in trial (iSpring Presenter)

Hello,

I have downloaded the iSpring Presenter 5 Trial and looked at the samples. I noticed that the AIR samples (except sample 1) are not working.

If I run sample3 in flex builder, I receive an "Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2035: URL Not Found." from the debugger.
I develop on a mac osx (snow leopard).

I have tested the included sample.air file also on the mac and windows but when opening a presentation (found in sample 1) on the desktop nothing happens.

We are really in the need of opening external (ppt)swf's in adobe AIR. When we successful integrate this in our application we're planning to buy first the Presenter and then the SDK to automate the conversion of uploaded powerpoints.

Hope to receive a quick answer with the solution.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:17 pm   Post subject: Re: AIR Samples not working in trial (iSpring Presenter)

We will try to reproduce this problem on our PCs and let me know when the problem is solved

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:37 am   Post subject: Re: AIR Samples not working in trial (iSpring Presenter)

Thank you for the quick reply, it is quit urgent so I hope that this item will be quickly solved.

Thanks in advance!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am   Post subject: Re: AIR Samples not working in trial (iSpring Presenter)

The issue was caused by AIR security restrictions - it is not possible to load a local file without copying it into the application storage.
We have updated the sample
ApplicationController.as

Code:
      private function onSelectPresentation(e:Event):void
      {         
         release();

var file:File = e.currentTarget as File;
         var appStorageFile:File = File.applicationStorageDirectory.resolvePath(file.name);
         file.copyTo(appStorageFile, true);
         m_presentationContainer.load(appStorageFile.url);
      }

You may download the updated build of iSpring Presenter here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/downloa ... 0_2849.msi

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:57 pm   Post subject: Re: AIR Samples not working in trial (iSpring Presenter)

Thank you for resolving this issue so quickly. I have tested it with sample 2 with the presentation.swf that is included in sample 1 and the presentation is shown in the application.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:07 am   Post subject: Re: AIR Samples not working in trial (iSpring Presenter)

You've just solved Last Minute Travel and Flight Deals my problem too. Cheers.

Profile profile test