Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:44 pm   Post subject: Ispring Presenter 6.0

What is the current schedule for Presenter 6.0? You have previously said "Autumn" (September 23) and end of year (December 31).

I have asked before but want to remind you of what I need to get my courses certified for real estate appraisers and agents.

1. By far the most important feature is controlled navigation. A student must not be allowed to move from one section to another until he has completed the current section. A quick fix would be to disallow a student from skipping a quiz. That would at least keep him in the same section of the course.

2. Custom feedback to questions. I think this is already in the works.

3. Redirect after quizzes dependent on whether a student passes of fails.

I would be elated with the above improvements. Here are a few improvements that would be nice.

1. Explanation questions within the quizzes.
2. Question selection by group with the capability of locking one question as always first (this would most likely be the explanation question)
3. Ability to retake quizzes.

Your PPT conversion is flawless. Notice all my requests have to do with things other than PPT conversion.

An alternative to an explanation question would be a single answer no credit question with the the answer "Next" or "Continue".

If grouping is impossible, another possibility would be to grade two consecutive quizzes as one. I could then make my own groups with an explanation question first.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring Presenter 6.0

Thank you for your questions. Here is the most recent information on the 6th version of iSpring software:

1) The official release is scheduled for autumn, no precise date yet.

2) Controlled navigation
It will be definitely included to the 6th version, though we have found that this feature required much more development time that we thought. That is why it will be implemented to one of the subsequent minor versions - like 6.1 or 6.2.

3) Custom feedback
Yes, iSpring QuizMaker 6.0 will have custom feedback per question. Feedback per answer will be created in the minor versions.

4)Redirect to different slides after finishing a quiz
No, it is not in the plan.

5) Explanation questions
A different realization: 6th version will have a 'blank slide' option. You can add numerous blank slides to a quiz - to create an 'introduction' page, explain questions, give some additional information, divide a quiz into topics, etc.

6) Question selection by group
This option is currently added to the Feature Request list. We will revise it after the actual development plan is fulfilled. Most likely question categories will be added in the subsequent minor versions.

7) Ability to retake quizzes
Actually, it's an LMS option and we don't plan to add it to quizzes.
Here is a workaround which you can use: create an additional slide after the quiz. This slide should have two hyperlinks: 'Retake' hyperlink to go back to the quiz and 'Continue' hyperlink to go to the rest of the slides.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring Presenter 6.0

Thank you for your quick response. I will be using your LMS so that solves quiz retake, but don't want to mess up my one 30-day trial. By the time you are ready, I will have my first course complete but will have to submit it to the certification authorities using the LMS. Your workaround looks good but student cannot that the same quiz twice without the LMS.

The blank slide option is exactly what I was looking for. For some reason, I have called it an explanation slide because I generally summarize a chapter there.

There is more than one way to do controlled navigation.

1. Do not allow a student to skip a quiz. I really like this method best. It gives a user the ability to jump around a little but not to leave the chapter.
2. Allow the navigation sidebar to show only the chapter which is active.
3. Do not permit a student to look a slide that is past the slide he is viewing except for the next slide or a linked slide.

One last thing that I forgot in my original post.

Provide automatic advance to an invisible slide. Right now, the next slide is the next visible slide. Invisible slides are only accessible if I provide a link and even this can be overridden by the navigation panel or sidebar.

Thank you so much. If you need a beta tester, let me know.

John

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Presenter 6.0

John:

We would love to have you as a beta tester! If you would like to be one, please provide an email address. We will then add you to our list and contact you with further details. Thanks again for all of your suggestions! It is great to hear about how we can make our product better.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Presenter 6.0

By far the most important feature is controlled navigation. A student must not be allowed to move from one section to another until he has completed the current section. A quick fix would be to disallow a student from skipping a quiz. That would at least keep him in the same section of the course

Are you worried about 70-414 free brain dumps with help of latest HP We offer up-to-dated Alaska Pacific University contains all those materials you want to University of Chicago dumps exam by using Olivet Nazarene University

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring Presenter 6.0

Hello, Haider459!

You can set and restrict navigation through your course for stydents in Presentation Explorer - Object - Quiz - Properties. You can allow users to move to next section at any time, after attempting or passing the quiz.

We would like to invite you to evaluate the new version of the product - iSpring Presenter 7.0 which is avaiablle in the Downloads section.

Profile profile test