Author Message

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:53 am   Post subject: Suggestions and problems

Hello !

I'm using iSpring Presenter for a month now and the product is really great. It should fit a lot of my needs but actually i have a few suggestions that would be great to have in future upgrades.

- Having a proper feedback for each question would be nice, it would allow user to have a look on a part he didn't understand well or what so ever.
- Another thing that could be useful is to have the possibility to add a picture directly on the quiz (I mean not in the top right corner). For example in matching quiz, to be able to link to pictures would be more interactive than only text)
- I saw that point in a previous topic but adding Powerpoint slides between each questions of a quiz could also afford more interactivity.
- Adding a token on the results page to print the results would be useful for example to transmit the results to a learning manager (instead of doing a print screen each time, open in paint, and then print). Another thing could be to have a detailed results page (with a recap for each question)
- It would be nice to have more choice for the questions types, I guess that you are probably working on it but still having for example a “click map” question or a free style essay would be fine.
- The quiz template editor is quite weak for now, one thing that would be interesting to have is to be able to totally edit the quiz template. Right now the quiz that I have created don’t fit with the presentation around, I would have appreciate to be able to put for example the same background in my presentation and quiz.

I also have one or two problems that can be disturbing...

- When I ask for the quiz to send results by e-mail, it doesn't work at all.
- I have also a trouble with the export of my files and more precisely with forcing the bitrate of my flash videos. I put it in High Quality on the compression tab but each time conversion fails and i have to force the bitrate to a very lower level (my flash videos are encoded with 3600 kbps and i have to force them to less than 400 kbps)
- My last problem is with the fill in quiz. When i put my recently created e-learning in full screen, I can't answer these questions (the blank stays blank even if I type my answer). Do you have a solution for that ?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer, do not hesitate to ask me more precision if you don't understand a point.

Best regards

Thomas


Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Suggestions and problems

Actually I achieved to get rid of my problem of exporting with the bitrate etc...


Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Suggestions and problems

Hi, thank you for your post. Please find my answers below:

Quote:
- Having a proper feedback for each question would be nice, it would allow user to have a look on a part he didn't understand well or what so ever...

This feature will be available in the next version of iSpring Presenter which will be released next year.
Quote:
- - Another thing that could be useful is to have the possibility to add a picture directly on the quiz (I mean not in the top right corner). For example in matching quiz, to be able to link to pictures would be more interactive than only text)

We will consider this option. Thank you.
Quote:
- I saw that point in a previous topic but adding Powerpoint slides between each questions of a quiz could also afford more interactivity.

Currently it's not available. As a workaround I would recommend you insert several quizzes into your presentation.
Quote:
- Adding a token on the results page to print the results would be useful for example to transmit the results to a learning manager (instead of doing a print screen each time, open in paint, and then print). Another thing could be to have a detailed results page (with a recap for each question)

This feature will implemented into the next version of iSpring Presenter.
Quote:
- It would be nice to have more choice for the questions types, I guess that you are probably working on it but still having for example a “click map” question or a free style essay would be fine.

This question type is on the product development roadmap already. So it will be available in one of the next versions of iSpring QuizMaker.

Quote:
- The quiz template editor is quite weak for now, one thing that would be interesting to have is to be able to totally edit the quiz template. Right now the quiz that I have created don’t fit with the presentation around, I would have appreciate to be able to put for example the same background in my presentation and quiz.

Thank you. We will consider this option.

Quote:
- When I ask for the quiz to send results by e-mail, it doesn't work at all.

Could you please describe the problem in more details? Please let us know if you get any error message passing the quiz. Thank you in advance!
Quote:
- I have also a trouble with the export of my files and more precisely with forcing the bitrate of my flash videos. I put it in High Quality on the compression tab but each time conversion fails and i have to force the bitrate to a very lower level (my flash videos are encoded with 3600 kbps and i have to force them to less than 400 kbps)

We will be glad to help you in resolving the problem. We need to reproduce the problem on our computers. Could you please send this video to support@ispringsolutions.com fro testing? We guarantee absolute confidentiality of the file you will provide. It will be used only for researching the problem.
Quote:
- My last problem is with the fill in quiz. When i put my recently created e-learning in full screen, I can't answer these questions (the blank stays blank even if I type my answer). Do you have a solution for that ?

The problem you've described is very rare. Actually, we've never received any complaints of that kind, so it's particularly interesting to research what might be causing it. Could you please send us your original PowerPoint presentations and iSpring generated course or the link to this course? So we could research the issue.
Thank you in advance!


Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:06 am   Post subject: Re: Suggestions and problems

Hello Tatiana !

Thank you very much for your very quick and detailed answer, I'm enchanted of the iSpring client service :) !

So just to give you some updates.... I tried some new things and realized that the full part of my problems were my mistakes.

Actually, I opened each e-learning I created with the .html file with doesn't support (if my memories are good) php requests such as send an e-mail automatically,...

So no worries for the filling of the quizz, when I open my e-learning with the .swf or .exe file, everything works perfectly.

Again thank you very much for your detailed answer, I can't wait to see the new features !


Profile profile test
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

  


Who is online
Who is online In total there are 8 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 108 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]