Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:40 pm   Post subject: Controlled Navigation

My certifying authority is IDEC. Their manual for certification states:

Quote:
Therefore, Internet and CBT courses should control navigation through course content to ensure the student masters the material on a unit-by-unit basis. For example, if a student begins unit one of a course, he should not be able to navigate to unit two until he has successfully demonstrated mastery of unit one by some means of assessment like a quiz.

This means a student must look at all slides in the order prescribed by me. I can't see a way to do this in Ispring. I hope I am wrong.

If controlled navigation is not available now, is it planned? Apparently, I can't use Ispring Presenter for certified Real Estate Appraiser courses right now.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Controlled Navigation

Yes it is possible to forbid slide advance in generated iSpring Pro/Presenter presentation. Please click Publish -> Playback and Navigation, uncheck Advance animations on mouse click and Enable keyboard navigation.
Choose none player which doesn't have navigation buttons.

You can create your own navigation buttons which will appear as soon as you let them do.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:13 am   Post subject: Re: Controlled Navigation

Mikhail, I know how to cut off the navigation button but that does not solve the problem. A student merely clicks on the "Table of Contents" entries to move ahead. Yes, I also know how to disable the table of contents but then the student has no navigation privileges at all.

The reason I posted my regulator's rules is so I could not be misunderstood.

A student should ALWAYS be able to go back but NEVER be able to go forward except to the next slide (unless, of course, I link to a forward slide).

I don't see how you can organize a coherent elearning course if a student can take module 10 before he takes module 1-9.

Cutting off the navigation buttons is not a solution. It seems like requiring that a student view slides in order (except for instructor controlled branching) would be a simple matter for a programmer.

Is there any chance of looking at an elearning course that is functioning as such?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Controlled Navigation

I understand your request. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us about learning process organization. It makes sense for our development process and we appreciate our customer's feedback.
Most probably we will develop such a feature it in our next 6 generation.
Meanwhile you can download iSpring SDK, get player sample and modify it for your needs.

Profile profile test