Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 pm   Post subject: how to publish to youtube... make available to iPod app?

Hi
We know that iPods cannot read iSpring presentations directly. Although my android device will play them nicely.

If I am building an iPod app and wish to make a narrated iSpring presentation available as one of the menu items, is there a way to publish the presentation to youtube, or some other solution?

thank you

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:07 pm   Post subject: Re: how to publish to youtube... make available to iPod app?

Hi, thank you for your question.

The issue is that YouTube doesn't supports Shockwave Flash files. Only the most simple Flash files with no interactive elements can be uploaded there. iSpring products generate SWF files with a very complex structure which is not compliant with YouTube. Please find the list of supported file formats for YouTube here:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=55744

If you have MS Office 2010, you can save your PowerPoint presentation as Windows Media Video (WMV). Just please select this file type clicking the Save As button.

I can offer you an alternative for sharing Flash presentations which is SlideBoom service. SlideBoom is an analog of YouTube , but it is used only for presentations. It allows you to upload presentations, organize or become a member of subject groups, vote for other users' presentations and leave comments. SlideBoom also generated embedding codes for the presentations for easy embedding them to your blog or webpage. Furthermore it is possible to publish your slides directly from PowerPoint to SlideBoom using iSpring software. Just download and install the following plug-in to iSpring Pro:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/download/ispring_pro_slideboom.msi

After the installation an extra element will appear in iSpring Publish window (see the attached screenshot). Just choose 'Publish to "SlideBoom", enter your account details and iSpring Pro will upload your Flash presentation to SlideBoom automatically.

Profile profile test