Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:26 pm   Post subject: Remove next button

Hello,
I'm trying iSpring presenter and it seems it quite fits my needs, however I have a big issue removing the next button. The course should be played without the ability from the student to skip slides.
Is there a way to do that? Maybe hacking a skin or working with the as API or the js API?
Thanks a lot,
Ingo

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:37 am   Post subject: Re: Remove next button

Oh, I have seen that the same request has been done before many times. The development team said that this will be introduced for the 6.x version (6.1? 6.9?). I supposed that a product with so extensive APIs would support this kind of interaction, which is a requirement for many lessons. Just a flag into an xml file or something similar would be very appropriate, but no solutions mean bad product design.
This way I need to turn back to articulate, can't accept my student skipping the lessons to jump to the evaluation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Remove next button

Yes, it is possible to forbid viewers to skip slides. iSpring Pro/Suite provides the "None" player template with no navigation buttons which allow an instructor to create his own controls for a presentation.

Thus, you can just indicate the required duration for each slide in PowerPoint, set all slides to change automatically, choose "None" player template with no navigation panel and switch off mouse and keyboard navigation. This way you'll convert you presentation into continuous Flash slideshow where a user won't be able to change slides manually.

Player can be changes here:
Publish menu --> General tab --> Player Template menu --> choose "None".

Mentioned navigation settings can be adjusted here:
a) Publish --> Playback and Navigation tab --> Playback Options area --> the following options should be enabled:

"Start presentation automatically"
"Change all slides automatically"
"Auto-play on-click animations"

b) Publish --> Playback and Navigation tab --> Mouse and keyboard Navigation area --> both options should be disabled so that a student won’t be able to skip slides via a mouse click of pressing "Next" keyboard button.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Remove next button

While I thank you for copy-pasting the same answer I read into some other location of the forum, this is not enough for the medium usage. Why should I have to lose the speaker photo, the speaker video and the outline just to avoid users skipping from one slide to the next one?
A simple checkbox/api call to disable one button (and the click on the outline) would be really fine to solve the problem.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Remove next button

Thank you for your response.

I consulted with our development plans. In the 6.1 minor version Streamline player will allow to add/remove navigation buttons from the player panel, including "Play", "Go to previous slide" and "Go to next slide" buttons. So you will be able to remove "Next" button preserving all other options e.g. slide notes or presenter info.

Version 6.1 should come out in April. If you are interested, you can participate in the beta-testing program for it. Just please write us at support@ispringsolutoins.com and we will add you to the list.

Please provide more details in your requests so that we could give more adequate instructions for you in the future. Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Remove next button

This feature is planned for iSpring 7th version, and it will be released over a half year only. The current workaround for this problem would be using None player and restrict slide advance by mouse click and keyboard. It will be video-like presentation and possibly will not meet your needs.
Also you can customize players for your own needs. See dev manual here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/sdk_index/as_api/skin_development.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 am   Post subject: Re: Remove next button

Getting rid of the next and back button would be a good start toward controlled navigation. Not perfect but better than nothing.

Profile profile test