Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 pm   Post subject: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

Am I missing the setting in QuizMaker where you can tally up the points (grades) assigned to a Likert scale?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

Do you mean the survey mode of quiz? Likert scale questions cannot be counted yet. Typically, there is no right and wrong answers to be reported by the survey but we are going to add some reports in future versions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

Yes -- I want to be able to have users evaluate statements and based on their "answer" receive points. At the end of the survey, it would be awesome to see the total number of points. It would be even *better* to associate ranges and responses. So if the user totaled 30 points, they'd maybe fit a range of 20-45 and receive an automatic response.

Think of the Myers-Briggs. I evaluate statements and at the end I am told what my personality type is.

Thanks for considering!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

Yes -- I want to be able to have users evaluate statements and based on their "answer" receive points. At the end of the survey, it would be awesome to see the total number of points. It would be even *better* to associate ranges and responses. So if the user totaled 30 points, they'd maybe fit a range of 20-45 and receive an automatic response.

Think of the Myers-Briggs. I evaluate statements and at the end I am told what my personality type is.

Thanks for considering!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

Oh yeah I see it is kind of psychological tests you want to create with QuizMaker. We have got some requests on it so it will be developed rather soon.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

You and your team ROCK!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

Thank you so much for your feedback! Please keep an eye at the updates at our website and stay tuned:)

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Likert Scale -- result calculation?

Just a few more thoughts on this topic. Likert scale could be used in language graded tests as well. For example, in questions where there are 4 passages about different objects (lets say 4 texts about 4 cities) and then there are several statements about them – the quiz-taker must decide which statement pertains to which object (city, in our case).
Or more often in question where a quiz-taker must listen to a conversation between a few people and then indicate who says what. Such questions would be best presented if constructed with Likert scale. Just one magic button to indicate correct answers).

Anyway, iSpring Quiz Maker is the best!

Profile profile test