Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:42 pm   Post subject: New Feature

Text to speech, TTS, is almost there as a useful technology. In eLearning, I think it could be useful for prototyping. That is, you could use TTS through out development, then when the lesson is fully tested and approved, you can substitute a real voice.

Also in situations where "rapid" development is critical - TTS could be useful. The Ivona product seems pretty good.

iSpring, what about building TTS into your product? You could make your product unique and put the rapid back in rapid prototyping.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm   Post subject: Re: New Feature

Thank you for your post. We agree that Text To Speach is a really good feature and it could be the great advantage for our products but developing TTS on our own would be pretty much time consuming.
We were thinking about it and probably will add a reference for some third party TTS software so our users will be able to use it inside our product.

Any thoughts on different TTS engines pros and cons and methods of embed them in our products are highly appreciated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:44 am   Post subject: Re: New Feature

Mikhail,

Yeah developing your own tts would be goofy. I looked at the Ivona product. Their TTS seemed pretty good. The technology still has a way to go, but I can see it's usefulness.

www.ivona.com

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm   Post subject: Re: New Feature

Thank you we will look into it.

Profile profile test