Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm   Post subject: Creating question blocks in randomised quizzes in QuizMaker

If I create a quiz from a pool and randomise the order of the questions I can't "pin" a blank slide (used for providing instructions /welcome messages) to the start of the quiz. It is an "all or none" randomisation.

This got me thinking about what I would like to see:

• allow a question/blank slide to be pinned to the start or the end of a quiz
  • allow two or more questions to be grouped so if they are selected at random by the system they will all appear - an option to control the order that the questions within the group or randomise the order withinthe group would also be a useful addition

An alternative would be the ability to create composite quizzes where sections could be fixed or randomised. For example I could ahve a non-randomised section containing my instructions and a couple of introductoty questions followed by a section with a random selection from a pool. This randomised section could then be followed by a fixed order section and so on.

This would make an already excellent product even better...

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Creating question blocks in randomised quizzes in QuizMaker

Hi delos, thanks for your question.

These features are exactly what our QuizMaker development team is working right now. They will be added to the 7th version of the software. Join our beta testers to be the first one to see the new version! You can send us a message to support@ispringsolutions.com if you are interested.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 am   Post subject: Re: Creating question blocks in randomised quizzes in QuizMaker

Delos, that's just what we need.

Stacy, would it be possible for others to join the beta testers, too? I intend to use my quizmaker for language training but for that I need features. That would be case-sensitive answers, instant response, and a few more question types that are variations of existing ones. It seems being a beta tester would be perfect for me.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Creating question blocks in randomised quizzes in QuizMaker

To kent dahl:
Certainly, please join! You can write to us to support@ispringsolutions.com and we will add your email to the list.

Profile profile test