Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 am   Post subject: QuizMaker Branching

Hi ,
I would like a quiz branching based on the user's answer. First, I would like to have categories, at which I can randomize and pool questions based on a certain concept/topic. I would like to then be able to have many categories in one quiz. Then, on the first category, based if the user got the question right, they can go to a different category and select a random question from that category.

To even make this even better, it would be nice to have sub categories. Then, when I branch to a subcategory, the number of questions / randomization of question selection are still applied from the main category. The end result would could be if a quiz had a bank of easy, medium, and hard questions inside of one main category, the questions could be organized and randomized by subcategory.

I will detail just one main category with 3 included questions. The easy subcategory could be randomized, and based on if they got it right, the next question would come from the medium subcategory, selected randomly. If they get the medium question right, the next question would come randomly from the hard subcategory. If they got the medium question wrong, the question would come randomly from the easy category (I know there is potential for the first question to come up again, would be nice to prevent that). After the 3rd question is answered, the user is then taken to the next main category and the process repeats.

Of course the quiz could have 10 included questions and would repeat the process of branching inside the main category until the 10 questions have been included. This is a lot of logic but I think branching and html5 are critical for the next generation of assessing software.

Thanks for thinking about it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker Branching

Most of your requests will be included into QuizMaker 7 release, such as:

• Categories of questions within one quiz with separate randomization.
  • Answer-depending branching (currently it's correct-incorrect only).

The new 7th version QuizMaker will be available this summer.

Profile profile test