Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:43 pm   Post subject: Feature requests based on evaluation

Like some others here, I was recently asked by my company to evaluate quiz taking software, and wanted to comment here based on my very limited experience so far. And I'll all the I know iSpring is planning on releasing a new version this summer, but so are some other vendors. The interface for both the quiz maker client and iSpring online are nice, so these are mainly suggestions about getting more flexibility in the quiz designer

- Need ability to have optional Intro page and "End" page that can be highly customized, are not evaluated as a test item, and are not randomized with other questions

- Need to have option for pass\fail pages being completely customized (like standalone page) so we can have detailed info (paragraphs of text, images, links) presented to students based on what happened. And they should be able to print\mail this info to themselves.

- Should support multiple pools (groups) of questions, where I can
have it pick X of Y questions, i.e.,
> Intro Page
> Pool A (choose random <#> from all questions in pool A)
> Pool B (choose random <#> from all questions in pool B)
> Pool <n> (choose random <#> from all questions in pool <n>)
> End Page
> Submit Answers
> Custom Pass \ Fail Page

Where regardless of random questions picked, Pools are always
presented in same order

- Test templates need to support both background images and fixed logos, and the logos need to not be zoomable

- Should have option to disable zoom on images

- Quizzes should have "guestbook" ability when published to an .EXE, as well as options for being password protected.

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Erik

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature requests based on evaluation

Hello Erik!

Thank you for your post and your feedback!

In the 7th version of iSpring QuizMaker we're going to add the following features:
- publishing to HTML5 along with Flash
- possibility to change the layout of questions
- branching for each answer (for Multiple Choice questions). This feature can also be used for creating a blank slide with a custom feedback message for each answer;
- possibility to set the position of the info slide

The feature of pools of questions will most likely be added in Version 8 of iSpring QuizMaker.
We have added your feature requests to our feature request list so maybe they will be implemented in one of the future versions.

Thank you once again for your comments!

Profile profile test