Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:43 pm
Post subject: Feature requests based on evaluation
Like some others here, I was recently asked by my company to evaluate quiz taking software, and wanted to comment here based on my very limited experience so far. And I'll all the I know iSpring is planning on releasing a new version this summer, but so are some other vendors. The interface for both the quiz maker client and iSpring online are nice, so these are mainly suggestions about getting more flexibility in the quiz designer
- Need ability to have optional Intro page and "End" page that can be highly customized, are not evaluated as a test item, and are not randomized with other questions
- Need to have option for pass\fail pages being completely customized (like standalone page) so we can have detailed info (paragraphs of text, images, links) presented to students based on what happened. And they should be able to print\mail this info to themselves.
- Should support multiple pools (groups) of questions, where I can
have it pick X of Y questions, i.e.,
> Intro Page
> Pool A (choose random <#> from all questions in pool A)
> Pool B (choose random <#> from all questions in pool B)
> Pool <n> (choose random <#> from all questions in pool <n>)
> End Page
> Submit Answers
> Custom Pass \ Fail Page
Where regardless of random questions picked, Pools are always
presented in same order
- Test templates need to support both background images and fixed logos, and the logos need to not be zoomable
- Should have option to disable zoom on images
- Quizzes should have "guestbook" ability when published to an .EXE, as well as options for being password protected.
Thanks, keep up the good work!