Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 am   Post subject: Vimeo

Hi,

I would like to request that future releases of iSpring will be able to embed not only YouTube videos but also alternatives such as Vimeo as well.

Despite YouTube becoming the standard for hosting videos online, there are many of our clients who have IT Departments that actively filter out this domain name so that no content provided by YouTube will work. This may also be the case for other video hosts however I believe that Vimeo is a strong alternative and should be natively supported.

The work around here of course is to put the video inside the presentation as a web object. This does work however it include the whole page and leads to a whole range of other issues.

Regards,
Tim W

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Hello, Tim!
Thank you for your feature request. We have added it to our feature request list so that maybe it will be added to one of the future versions of iSpring Pro.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

I was just informed that it's possible to insert a video from Vimeo as a Web object. To do that please just follow the steps below:

1. Please open your Vimeo video and click the Share link

2. Copy the video embed code and paste it into Notepad

3. Copy the URL link of the video and paste it in the iSpring Web Object window

4. Add the Web Object to the slide.

I hope this helps.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:25 am   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Hi Lena,

Thank you so much for the post. The method you suggested worked a charm for me. I just need to make sure it works on different devices and formats (flash/html5) but initially it looks great!

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Tim W

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Thank you for your kind feedback!
It's nice to hear it worked for you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:35 am   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Hi Lena,

This process seems to work only some of the time. The example that you provided works well as do others but there are a few videos that won't work, for example this URL is for one of our videos:
http://vimeo.com/user19764051/review/74 ... 094d4b5094

The embed code for this is:
//player.vimeo.com/video/74606045

The first link works in iSpring however the embed link doesn't which is strange because I can place this link in my web browser and it will work fine. I don't want to embed the website page, just the video which is why I need the second one to work.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Tim Whitehouse

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:49 am   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Dear Tim,
Thank you for your post!
This is rather strange, actually I could insert this video without any issue, it did play in the output file properly. Could you please provide some more details how you insert the video? Maybe you can make some screenshots?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:56 am   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Hi Lena,

This is very strange indeed. I just tried exporting the file as just HTML5 and it works fine but when I export as Flash or Combined (which will default to Flash) nothing shows but a black screen.

I have just tried playing around with a few settings but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Flash

HTML5

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Hi Tim,
We have tested the link, the point is that it doesn't work only in the iSpring Presentation Preview. This should work in other browsers.
I have discussed it with our engineers, the issue is that to display web-objects iSpring Preview uses the IE component of an earlier version, that's why it's not displayed properly in the preview.
Please let me know if you can actually view the web-objects in other browsers.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:50 am   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Hi Lena,

You are right on both counts. The video does not show in the preview in iSpring but shows perfectly in Chrome and Firefox once exported.

Unfortunately for us we have to support users using Internet Explorer 8 and it does not work in this browser, most likely for the same reason that it doesn't work in iSpring preview.

The only solution that I can think of is having a link to the vimeo website to view the video there. This will mean that the users have to leave the presentation and come back in which is not ideal but it will work. We cannot place the footage inside the presentation as a flv as they are too big and we cannot use YouTube.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Tim Whitehouse

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Vimeo

Hi Tim,
I'm sorry, but this issue cannot be overcome by iSpring. If you cannot open your website in IE8, then iSpring will not be able to convert it so that it can be opened in an earlier version of IE. Probably you can try to check the website code.

Profile profile test