Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:01 pm   Post subject: Feature Request: Spelling Check

While using PowerPoint and various iSpring programs (iSpring Pro 7, iSpring Suite 6.2, iSpring Presenter 7, and iSpring Converter) for about 6 months, I've noticed that it is somewhat inconvenient that there is no "spelling check" feature, especially when I am changing slide titles on "Presentation Explorer." Slide titles are a crucial part of a presentation. However, even with cautious spelling checking, people do make mistakes. Needless to say, it is fairly time-consuming to go back, edit misspelled title slides, and publish them. Therefore, I think some type of a spelling check feature would be very helpful!
I would like to request a feature for checking spelling or grammar error on "Presentation Explorer" (Perhaps, a red underline feature indicating that there is a mistake on the misspelled word.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Thank you for your request.
We have added it to our feature requests list, so probably it will be added to one of the next versions.
Once again thank you for your suggestion!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Thank you so much.
I always look forward to newer versions of iSpring!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Spelling check would be a wonderful feature, indeed.

With it, would it be possible to introduce the possibility to award partial points for incorrectly spelt words in Type-In Questions. For example, if a quiz-taker types a wrong letter or skips one, they will get only 30% of qestion value.

Best wishes,
Dmitry

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Dear Dmitry,
Thank you for your post.
At this moment for a Type-in question it's possible to set so that the answers are Case sensitive. But we don't have the option that you mentioned. We will add your request to our feature requests list.
Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

We would also find it extremely helpful to have spell-check capabilities in iSpring QuizMaker. It is extremely frustrating to have to check and re-check and have multiple people review items over and over for typos and spelling errors before publishing them.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Thank you for your feedback! Actually we're already working on it and this new feature will be available with the next update.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Hello!
I am so glad to hear it's coming!!!!

What will be available - 1. checking spelling or 2. an opportunity to accept incorrectly spelt words (with the decreased point value)?

Best wishes,
Dmitry

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Thank you for your post.
Actually the spell checking option will be used by those who create quizzes, so the incorrectly spelled words will be highlighted and it will be possible to add words to a dictionary.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Fantastic! This is great news. Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Will spell check be able to be modified to include additional words (medical, science, etc)?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

Do you mean to add some more words to the dictionary or change the words to some other ones?

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:27 am   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Spelling Check

add additional words.

Profile profile test