How useful would this be?
Very 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not really 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zero 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 am   Post subject: Click on sentence - Quizmaker

I would like a question type that is similar to hot spot except that it does not use an image, it uses text. There would be a question section and a paragraph(s) text section. The builder would then highlight what section of the paragraph would be the correct answer. When the user takes the test, they are instructed to click on the place in the paragraph that best answers the question. It would even be better if there could be more than one answer like the hot spot question.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:28 am   Post subject: Re: Click on sentence - Quizmaker

There are already several types of questions which use the text as an answer and some of them are similar to what you described.
You can save the text-boxes as images and then add them in a hot-spot question.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:51 am   Post subject: Re: Click on sentence - Quizmaker

Hi,
I was hoping for more complex question types. Take a look at the second question under the English test as a reference to what I was asking in my feature request. Any question types similar to the ones found on the links would be greatly appreciated. This would save educators a lot of time adjusting old question types to closely match the new tests. Also, converting text into an image is not good for maintainability as makes it more difficult to edit the text. If you already have current question types that are like the examples below, please let me know.
Thanks

English Test
http://sampleitems.smarterbalanced.org/itempreview/sbac/ELA.htm
Math Test
http://sampleitems.smarterbalanced.org/itempreview/sbac/index.htm

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:09 am   Post subject: Re: Click on sentence - Quizmaker

You can create questions like the second one if you will embed a Flash movie into the question pane.

However, you ought to use already-made flash files since there is no such option is QuizMaker.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Click on sentence - Quizmaker

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response. Myself, like most of your users, are trying to get away from Flash as it does not work on mobile devices. Any other ideas? Once again, I appreciate your advice as I really want to make quizzes similar to the examples I provided. Public K-12 education in the US is moving to that exact style of testing, which means it would be a huge market for your company. Please pass this on to your developers. Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:09 am   Post subject: Re: Click on sentence - Quizmaker

Our developers are already working on some improvements to make HTML5 support more interactive and comprehensive.
However, there are some restrictions of this format which we can not overcome. But I believe that the development of this technology will allow us to create something more attractive.

Profile profile test