Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:42 pm   Post subject: Feature Request: QuizMaker 7 - Results to server

For those of us that have no knowledge of coding (php) would it be possible in a future build to have a "demo" available that we could simply edit to get us up and running.

For this I'd expect:
1. PHP script file to send results to a MySQL DB
2. MySQL DB Dump file (to upload into MySQL)
3. Basic Webpage showing output of DB in spreadsheet style.

We would then be able to edit the PHP script with our own DB name. user and password and also edit webpage to pull from our own DB address.

Currently the ability to output results to server is a very good idea, but under supported. It only needs a little time to give end users something to build on if they have little to no coding knowledge (like me)

Thanks
Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 am   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: QuizMaker 7 - Results to server

Is there "any" chance of this happening ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:02 am   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: QuizMaker 7 - Results to server

Dear Dave,
Thank you for the post!
I forwarded the request to our developers for future consideration. For now let me please recommend you to use this helpful article with a sample PHP script on our website about sending quiz results to server:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/sending-quiz-results-to-server.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: QuizMaker 7 - Results to server

Hi Julie,

Thanks for doing that, and providing the link, which I've reviewed before. Trouble is, if your not got knowledge of php, xml etc its not that helpful

I idea of sending results to a sql/mysql server is great, and its a big plus for the software. But as its part of the software just needs that little bit more guidances for those less technical minded.

I've used similar in the past, where the company has provided the following:

php file - to send data to mysql server
sql structure file - to upload into mysql DB
basic html page - outputs contents of DB in list format

Within those are generic fields, like DB name, username etc that can be changed to meet the end user system.
Then the basic html can be tweaked by end user if they need more advanced output.

Basically, a simpler version of "iSpring Online" but for those people that do not have the throughput to justify iSpring Online or the ability to have data presented and stored outside their network.

Thanks, hope something can be done, as its a good feature to have and one that would be ahead of competitors

Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:55 am   Post subject: Re: Feature Request: QuizMaker 7 - Results to server

Dear Dave,
Thank you for the detailed explanation of your case.
I will forward all the details to our technicians for future consideration.

Profile profile test